corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Smell petrol

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smell petrol
3lfz

User status: Offline
20th May 09 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can smell petrol when I start the car up lately, or stick my foot down. Its only a 1.0 so should'nt be doing it I don't think? May be getting less MPG lately too, might just be me worrying though. What could it be? Sparks?
corsa_chr1s

20th May 09 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe hole in your tank?
RichR
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My tank went porous; I didn't notice any leakage or loss of fuel economy but there was always a strong smell of petrol.

Its relatively easy to change a tank, especially if you've got ramps and a pattern tank is £50; the hardest thing is that its rusty enough to have gone porous, then most of the studs will be rusted to shit - I had to drill mine out and repalce them with A4 grade stainless nuts/bolts
am4nf

20th May 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best bet is to feel around the tank on a dry day and if you feel any wet/ damp parts you have found your problem, also lift the back seat amd undo the small cover to the sender unit/ fuel pump as a line may have split and you will be able to smell pertol really strong

New Poll