corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14XE Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14XE Problems
AlexW

User status: Offline
20th Jun 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X14XE fitted into a nova by myself.

Its been on the road for a few months, even while not running right.

Through 2000rpm to about 3000rpm there is a slight blip of lost power, usualy a couple of times as you accelerate out of a bend/roundabout. I dont think it does it when cold, but wouldnt know.

The other faults are as follows. Starting the car takes a bit longer than it used to its not hard to start just takes a few more turns than i remember, i havnt done anything to the engine, so i dont know what has caused this.

When cold the car hesitates to rev and seems very lacking in power. Once warm the car revs nice but the EML is on and the idle drops a few hundred from when cold, but i guess that is fine.

It has a new lambda and i have cleaned the ICV and it was the correct lenght according to the haynes manual. The temp sensor has been changed for another 2nd hand one and didnt make any differance.

I did play around with the old sensor and it was working fine (tested off the car using hot water), but the wire itself had lots of restiance, when bypassing the wire the car would rev up to 3k rpm and sit there untill the wire was removed (hot or cold)

Changing the temp sensor did change that, connecting the wire would cause it to be as per normal running.

A dodgy ICV is what im thinking, maybe a TPS? and also maybe a CTS or lambda (even tho it was brand new)?

Just want some other peoples ideas?

Any help is great. If i can at least solve one problem il be happy.

New Poll