corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Estate agents - selling fee's etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Estate agents - selling fee's etc
Colin

User status: Offline
27th Jun 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting a valuation done on Tuesday.

This is new to me so im a bit unsure on whats good.

Like their sellers cut, im reading 2-3% is normal.

However if you tell them you wish to employ them as a sole agent then they might be prepared to drop a bit.

Also contract lengths, your entering a contract with them so must agree on terms? Ive read to make this short as possible to ensure they make your sale a priority

I was thinking about trying to haggle & propose that I dont talk to anyone else & agree to advertise with him as a sole agent asking his valuation price for a period of 6 weeks. If it sells he'll get his 2% sellers fee.

However if it doesnt sell then we drop the asking price down to what I need. He'll only get 1% sellers fee on this.

I get more - then he gets more. I get less - then he gets less!

Any advice on that?
John

27th Jun 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick a sign up on your window before paying an estate agent 3%.

I wouldn't want to pay anymore than 2% though.
Colin

27th Jun 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a mate interested, he's currently trying to arrange a mortgage & is getting back to me on it next week.

Also the girl downstairs 'friend' has expressed an interest. Still to talk to her.

Ive not stuck a sign in the window yet.

Going to get a couple valuations. Ive got a figure in my head i'd like. If an estate agent comes along & says I can get you several grand more than that then I dont mind paying 2%.
charcoalgrill

28th Jun 09 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the value of the house and how saleable the agent thinks it is (obviously it is a personal thing and everybody thinks their own house is 100% saleable- but ive seen some crap in my time)

If the market is still slow where you are, it wouldnt suprise me if the fee's are 2-3% as the agent isnt selling alot and need to make the money up. (we used to charge 2%)

But if they dont have much on their books, they might do it cheaper, as they need to get instructions to keep a float. (About 1%)

If the agent thinks they have someone straight away, you could arrange a fixed fee as no marketing has been done (1%? or less?)

Personally i would instruct the local independant agent, but get an opinion from at least 3 on price.

Hope it helps- good luck.

New Poll