corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » using oil

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author using oil
jo1945

User status: Offline
14th Jul 09 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.0 B is using about half a litre of oil every 200 or so miles. Is it something to worry about? I don't think the engine is overly noisy and it's had a recent service. It doesn't smoke at all even from cold. The only other thing is that it never really gets up to temperature, could that be related?
Ste
Premium Member

14th Jul 09 at 05:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that sounds fucked. Get to the scrappy and get another engine for it.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
moka

14th Jul 09 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jo1945
My 1.0 B is using about half a litre of oil every 200 or so miles. Is it something to worry about? I don't think the engine is overly noisy and it's had a recent service. It doesn't smoke at all even from cold. The only other thing is that it never really gets up to temperature, could that be related?

Mine did this mate, i was thinking headgasket. It stayed like this for about 10k miles (no joke) and it got rid of it on 115k still going.
jo1945

14th Jul 09 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yay 1.6 it is then
scunnylad

14th Jul 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take ure rocker cover of and check ure chain ive had a few where the chain stretches and causes this problem
12vMatt

14th Jul 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the oil loss is possibly the oil pressure sender switch

when its knackered oil pisses out of it, I was losing even more oil than you.

Its only a fiver for the part from vx and its a 2 second job to fix it.

Not getting up to temperature is probably the thermostat or coolant temp sensor
jo1945

15th Jul 09 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the tracking done yesterday and they left the car running while it was on the ramp for some reason, so when it came off the temp gauge was in the middle, which is unheard of for my car. It chucked out grey/blue smoke until it cooled down after being driven for a few minutes. I have since asked my dad drive behind me to see if it is still doing it and apparently it smokes a little up hills, but nowhere else.
AlexW

15th Jul 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Under load preety much, id say piston rings have gone.

New Poll