corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How the F*ck do you get at the rear speakers on Corsa C's!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How the F*ck do you get at the rear speakers on Corsa C's!!
Carlos_UK

User status: Offline
   27th Feb 03 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I've been trying for ages to remove the connector from my rear speakers and hook it up to my 6x9's (Until I get my amp sorted) now I know its a bit of a chore to do but how, and what type of connector is it?
Dave_D_84

User status: Offline
27th Feb 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi...after just fiitin sum 6X9s i can now do it but it took a while to figure out.
Firstly u need to shove ur hand up the square holes in each side of the back of the car. If u feel around u can feel a block that pushes into the standard speakers. all u need to do is undo this..u should be able to feel a kinda plastic loop on one side of the clip that u can push up and down. Push it down a bit cause when its out of teh way ther is a bit on the side of each clip that pushes in to release the whole block from teh speaker. u should be able to fee this s push it i and pull whole block out..there u go!. its really fiddly at first as its stiff but after a few times its easy to do.

Took a long time to figure out ad in the end i phoned local vauxhall dealer who said u just pull the block out. Any way, hope this helps..its kinda really hard to explain in words but if u feel around u should be able to get block out , then u can take out wires to connect to ur new speakers athough ull need to lenghthen wires to reach as therye dead short

If however u actually want to get teh whole speaker out i think the only option is to unscrew all teh Torx bolts, includin the bracet which holds seat together, then take off all grey plasticaroudn boot...but this looks like a bastard of a job and u dont need to do it to get to speaker wires!
hope this helps.

New Poll