corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Taking on quite a task

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Taking on quite a task
grimsby99

User status: Offline
6th Oct 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have decided i am going to take on changing the head gasket myself. i have a bit of knowledge with working on engines as ive been helping my mate on redoing his turbo on his 200sx. He is going to help me with it as well as my mate whos works in a MOT garage.

As neither of them have worked much on X16XE's i wanted to get some knowledge from you guys who actually have and need to know what things are involved, I have access to a fairly good range of tools but will i need any special tools?.

Any extra advice i should take when going about this.

Thanks.

PS No "why not take it to a garage etc etc" i know its not the easiest job but i cant afford to pay £400 to get it repaired by a garage when i can pay £40 for the gasket and just take my time.

FruitBooTeR

6th Oct 09 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need new head bolts, timing belt kit etc not just a gasket...will be a bit closer to £100 rather than 40 unless your getting discounted parts?

Fairly straight forward to do, just remember where all the pipes and sensors go and youl be fine.
grimsby99

6th Oct 09 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fella i get stuff at trade price so wont be too bad. do you know of any threads of anyone doing this? or anyting similar because i cant find any.

Thanks
DaveyLC

6th Oct 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont need new bolts but its the sensible thing to do..

You should get the head skimmed too. Also if I was you I'd fit new valve stem oil seals.

New Poll