corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Which Surround Sound System

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which Surround Sound System
Bart

User status: Offline
31st Oct 09 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking at buying seperates and would really appreciate some input.

I like the idea of a decent amp and seperate speakers and amp but really not sure what to go for.

I understand a common setup for alot of people is a mid level onkyo amp with Kef eggs, but im strangely put off by how small and ugly these are.

Anyone have any rough suggestions for under around £700-£800 setup?
oceansoul

31st Oct 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the Onkyo 606 is a best buy or there may be a newer model out now. I plan on getting a 606 soonish

http://audioaffair.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=858
Matty SRi

31st Oct 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-entertainment/home-cinema/speaker-systems/AM15/index.jsp
ash_corsa

31st Oct 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you looked at the Denon AVR-1910 and the Marantz NR1501 AV amplifiers?
Both very good for the money, the Marantz is pretty cool due to its size, installed one last week and was well impressed with it.

As for speakers it depends what kind of look your going for? Modern, traditional etc..

Id look at the Monitor Audio Radius range, now discontinued but there are some excellent bargains about, or if your budget can stretch to the new RadiusHD range you would struggle to do better for the money in my opinion.

If you'd like any prices on stuff i can see what we can do for you but you can usually buy cheaper online to be fair as we are only an independent dealer.
Bart

31st Oct 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking at the AVR 1910 and Q Acoustics 1020is, both items have been well recommended.

Anyone know anything about either personally?
Half Pint

1st Nov 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got the avr2309 and cannot fault it....
Bart

1st Nov 09 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have 7.1 speakers or 5.1 plugged in?

Also which speakers do you have?
Bart

1st Nov 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think im going to get two pairs of the Q Acoustics 1020i's, with the Sub / Center piece and possibly look to get the Denon amp after xmas, possibly the AVR1910 or better.
Toby
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 606 - should get it keep as the 607 is out now, i only use 5.1 and its great but quite ugly i think. Did also have kefs until recently but sold them and used some very cheap onkyo replacements but these have surprised me. I would look at the Denon1910 seems like a good choice
ash_corsa

1st Nov 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Im looking at the AVR 1910 and Q Acoustics 1020is, both items have been well recommended.

Anyone know anything about either personally?

Used alot of the Denon range, especially the 1910 due to its price and value for money.

Good amp, plenty of power, ample inputs, HDMI switching and up conversion.
Only had one go pop and i think that was due to overheating as it was placed in an enclosed unit and thrashed at a birthday party!
The only think i dont like about them is the remote, its too confusing for most people, the stupid zone2 slide switch, feels cheap and tacky and the hinge on the back flap is forever snapping off and Denon are wise to this and have started charging for a new remote and not replacing them under warranty as the flap is not a spare part available from Denon.
Bart

1st Nov 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Ash. I think im decided on the Denon Amp, its just going to be a question as to wheather I get the 1910 or 2310 if I can find that extra bit of money.

Im also now looking at the Q Acoustics 2000 series, which have just came out this month, they are £200 more expensive, but if it means saving for another few weeks, then I think it would be worth the wait.
The 2000 series has won alot of awards with whathifi etc and is their best recommendation for sub £1000 speakers.

New Poll