corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » [UPDATE]X16XE Slowly getting worse...[At Garage]..they have phoned!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [UPDATE]X16XE Slowly getting worse...[At Garage]..they have phoned!
X16joeXE

User status: Offline
20th Nov 09 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the headgasket done, and at the same time i had a Dbilas inlet and a FSE Fuel reg fitted.
At first it was fine, then it struggled a little bit to start, then it got realy bad having to turn it over for 5 or 6 seconds using the throttle. After that i had to start it in gear, but with my foot flat down it wudnt go more than 10 mph for about 500yds, now it wont start atall.

Adjusting the FSE Doesnt make any difference atall, but its asit its not getting enough fuel, i had to take a Vaccy pipe off the Dbilas to make it rev higher to get it to tick over, but now it doesnt like that either Any ideas people

I am putting an XE in it in Feb, but i need it for work in the mean time .

Ideas would be appreciated

[Edited on 28-11-2009 by X16joeXE]
Ste
Premium Member

20th Nov 09 at 05:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it back to standard first and see if the problems go. It could be a fucked fuel reg. You shouldn't really need an adjustable reg with that engine tbh

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Slammed_Corsa

20th Nov 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those fse fuel things are a load of crap. take that off and try it.
johnhara1

20th Nov 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said, whip that shitty FSE off first.
X16joeXE

21st Nov 09 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shitty FSE is off, no difference.

Got it started and went round the block, but if i let it tick over, as soon i touch the accelerator it cuts out
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Nov 09 at 08:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you put the standard one back on?
Ste
Premium Member

21st Nov 09 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a can of brake cleaner and have a little spray around the intake manifold whilst the engine is still cold. Just little sprays. If it revs up, then you have an air leak. that will cause those symptoms. Just make sure the engine is cold and you don't spray it near the exhaust manifold.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

21st Nov 09 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And make sure it is started too

X16joeXE

21st Nov 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car wont tick over until its hot though Ste, have to do like few miles to get it to tick over. When i start it for cold i have to have the throttle pinned just to achive 500rpm, then it'll pick its revs up after 3mins.

And dont want to sound like an idiot but do i spray into the inlet or around the gaskets?
Jonny.N

21st Nov 09 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds a bit like your cts sensor, bad of shite when cold wont start etc, when started runs alot better, replace mine and it went mint after that worth a try
pow
Premium Member

21st Nov 09 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The corsa has a cable throttle so something is stopping fuel from being injected into the engine when it' cold.

You don't have an AfM do you?
A.M.Q.R.

22nd Nov 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
The corsa has a cable throttle so something is stopping fuel from being injected into the engine when it' cold.

You don't have an AfM do you?

It'll have an air intake tempature sensor which could be at fualt, if can get it on to a tech 2, it should be roughly the same temp as what the temp on your dash says
X16joeXE

22nd Nov 09 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the badger in bits today, and guess what i found....

Bottom pulley/crank is chuffed, totally worn, is it the woodwiss key thingy?? making it jump a tooth on the timing.

Dont know if this is the problem, but it wont of helped. So got to try and find a bottom pulley now Scrapyard time.

Are these i common fault? pressume they are.

[Edited on 23-11-2009 by X16joeXE]
X16joeXE

23rd Nov 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump
dan-sport

23rd Nov 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye they are mate, they are known to wear down over time and it sounds like your cts is making it run crap while cold
X16joeXE

26th Nov 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had a new CTS. Done the crank no difference!

At the garage now, as ive given up.
Will let you know
mattievRS

27th Nov 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vaux brought out a different design for the crank pulley as they were known to be a wank design.Theyre roughly £80 but are a lot better and last the life of the car.

[Edited on 27-11-2009 by m17tty]
X16joeXE

28th Nov 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Garage rang me on friday. They said they'd had a quick look at it, but hadnt had time to give it a good look over. There going to do that and let me know on monday.

BUT what they did say was that the Intlet pressure was all to cock, which is wierd as theres no leaks anywhere.

Ile let you know monday i suppose

New Poll