corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Coilovers with topmount

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coilovers with topmount
DanCorsaBVan

User status: Offline
21st Dec 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody got a picture of their coilovers with top mount and everything ready to go on car? Got some coilovers and when i try put all topmount on and put the nut on there isnt enough thread for the nut. Can only get two or three threads bit cant see anything i can get rid of because everything is needed. Pics or info much appreciated. Think its just shit coilovers to be honest.. Cheers
jo1945

22nd Dec 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not got a pic but that sounds right tbh, was a nightmare trying to get the nut on mine, struggled to get as many coils in the clamp as poss and still had to press down hard on the top mount so my mate could put the nut on.
X16XE.Adam

22nd Dec 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like your doing it the hard way...
Just undo the height adjuster which lowers the spring and the top mount, then do the nut up
I had the same problem with my Spax coilovers, was pretty simple and easy tbh.

Adam
Sean-B

22nd Dec 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best I've got
DanCorsaBVan

26th Dec 09 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then guys cheers. Mine are set up just like them in the pic think its the coilovers they are 'hottuning' cheap and nasty a think. Cheers
Fro

26th Dec 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you put the nut on that holds the springs on etc tight enough? Had the same prob then realised i hadn't tightened them up enough. Had loads of thread after that.
DanCorsaBVan

28th Dec 09 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had spring all way down and still can only get like three threads to get nut on... wondering if you can buy aftermarket bearing tht will sit on top of spring and be thinner than the one from my standard topmount so i get the extra thread :S ??

if not i am thinking about just buying some shocks and having shocks and springs instead but was going for coilovers because i am hopefully getting an xe put it so then i can jst make them higher to help with the extra weight.

New Poll