corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » painting with laquer runs! need abit of advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author painting with laquer runs! need abit of advice
belton

User status: Offline
1st Feb 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

repainted and colour coded my bumper,s all fine, asked my mate who works at a body shop how to get rid of orange peel effect . . . he said more laquer, this was done, but stupidly i didnt really wait for the other laquer t dry, i have a THICK layer of laquer on there, but it no also has a few filthy runs
can ijust sand it down and polish em out with some g3? he said to do this but just wanna make sure. .
also what grit paper to use? 1500 wet n dry or higher i guess?

thanks
mattievRS

User status: Offline
1st Feb 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use very fine wet and dry to get rid of the runs then use cutting compound then polish.

New Poll