corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » its a vectra not a corsa but.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author its a vectra not a corsa but.....
shauny bizzle

User status: Offline
17th Feb 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello i have a vectra v6 and the clutch pedal one day suddenly went floppy, so first things first checked fluid hadnt lost a drop, so then i put it down to being the clutch pedal master cylinder being posibly fooked, so replaced that and started to bleed the clutch (had to remove the bloody battery and tray) bled it like you do brakes (down with pedal open with the nipple etc) pedal got slightly better after a few pumps went back floppy, any idea what this could be? there is no splits in the pipes and all everything seems fine fluid level seems ok, but does this need pressure bleeding? also was told these can be a wine to bleed but have tried twice now, also when i got the clutch master it came with this component on the end (the silver round bit)

which i never changed over any idea what this does and would this be worth changing before i condem the release bearing,
DaveyLC

17th Feb 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its probably a one way valve of some sort so it can auto bleed.
mcgas001

17th Feb 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its possible that its the clutch slave clyinder in the gearbox. Have a check under the car where the gearbox joins the engine, see if any fluids are leaking...

Pressure bleading a clutch is a must in my opinion. My mate tried to bleed one on a 52 plate vectra 1.8 and couldnt do it atall. He then borrowed the pressure bleeder from my work and tried again. That solved the problem straight away.

Hope this helps.
shauny bizzle

17th Feb 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no sign of any leaks anywhere also fluid never went down and the fluid is decent as was replaced, i hope it is just in need of pressure bleeding lol
mcgas001

17th Feb 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shauny bizzle
theres no sign of any leaks anywhere also fluid never went down and the fluid is decent as was replaced, i hope it is just in need of pressure bleeding lol

Ah ok. Try it lol..bet it cures your problem.
shauny bizzle

17th Feb 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you think mate? i really hope so lol

New Poll