corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear speakers problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear speakers problem
furkick

User status: Offline
24th May 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya bit of a silly question but here goes, a couple of days ago i fitted some new speakers to my 95 reg corsa b front and rear. They are juice 13cm speaker max watt 160 running from my kenwood headunit 4x50w, right now the problem, the front speakers sound really loud and clear, but the rears just don't match, they sound good but not the same, ive checked all my settings on the headunit and they are all level. I ran bullet connectors from the original wiring loom to a new speaker cable. Isit possible that i have connected the positive to negative and vice versa?? Just for the note ive placed the rear speakers where the original OEM ones would be using autolead adapters. Any Ideas??

Thanks Chris
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

24th May 10 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have run new wires to the back personally as 15 year old wire is never going to be great.
You could always put more power to the rear of the car using the fader.

Edit: are all four speakers the same?

[Edited on 24-05-2010 by basslinecorsa]

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
furkick

25th May 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, yeah all speakers are the same, the rear just don't feel as punchy, I faded the headunit more to the rear but it just made the overall sound quiter, its just bugged me.
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

25th May 10 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is possible that you have the terminals the wrong way round as that would effect the quality. Odd that you would have both wrong

have you tried switching the terminals on them to see if it is that?

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417

New Poll