corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20XE corsa, starts then cuts out? wierd problem..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20XE corsa, starts then cuts out? wierd problem..
alexroberts_12

User status: Offline
24th May 10 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey people, not on here much, guessing none of you know me lol, but a quick question...

got a 20XE corsa, 12v S reg shell, ran it round as i bought it already converted, my luck, cambelt went as previous owner fitted it with the later style W/P, and mine bieng the early (rounded teeth cambelt) engine, it pulled the teeth off the belt and mullered it, never good.

so i just went all out and got 16 new valves fitted, the head sleeved while it was off, new coolant pipe etc.. along with a full gasket set, and obviously water pump and cambelt kit.

the problem i now have after building it all back up is it starts when it should off the key, but runs for no more than 1 - 2 seconds before it cuts out, impossible to get it to run for longer unless i squirt brake cleaner down the inlet, all the plugs are plugged in, fuel pumps working, put fresh fuel in the tank, checked everything, its like the injectors open to start it then just stop working? its strange, im suspect to fuel pump relay if that has anything to do with opening injectors? or AFM which im to try tomorrow in work or ECU? any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks alot guys and girls!

alex
DAZ1985

25th May 10 at 05:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you getting fuel to the rail?
alexroberts_12

25th May 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeahh getting fuel pressure, just tried an AFM and its the same, dont suppose if you know the fuel pump relay controls the injectors too? want to try that but not too sure... thanks alot anyway daz, appreciate the replys
DAZ1985

25th May 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fuel pump relay controls a few things iirc, could be part of the problem. Have you got an eml light on when the ignition is turned on? Have you put the ignition live off the engine loom to the black wire in the car? Could be that your ecu isnt powering up?
alexroberts_12

25th May 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought the car with the engine already in so not too familiar with the wiring :/ i think it is powering up as it runs for a second or two? but which wire is it on the ECU i need to send a live down? ill try it anyway incase its been knocked off. and no, no engine management light wired in unfortunately, and i dont suppose you know which wires i could send a live/earth down on the fuel pump relay to try to get the injectors to stay open maybe? would i be getting this from a crank sensor issue? sorry for all the questions! thanks again
alexroberts_12

26th May 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem solved! the problem was the octane switch, the two wires that go to it, i discovered one was broken, so if anyone ever has these symptoms to this problem, check that little brown plug on the strut top or bulkhead with 95/98 written on it if its wires are broken just trying to post a lil piece of help for everyone

New Poll