corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Diagnosing a misfire

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diagnosing a misfire
dean101287

User status: Offline
10th Jun 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car has a bit of a misfire, its juddery at low revs and if i boot it its quite flat untill 4500rpm when you can feel it kick in and the power will come. Also if im in a highish gear at lowish speeds and stamp on the accelerator then the car will misfire badly and you can hear it lose power and try to kick back in. Also on overrun you can hear it pop which i think is a sign of overfueling?

How would a garage go about finding out what is the cause of the problem? Instead of me just guesing.
Ellis

10th Jun 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would point at the MAF, you can check the voltages but I can't remember what they are for the life of me.

Someone wit Autodata might be able to help.
rbailey88

29th Jun 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to no the same mate, my xe is doing that, low revs just splutters and doesnt go anywere... plus gettin to the end of my road costs about a tenner so its got to be overfuelling... so far ive changed temp sensor cleaned injectors and having crank sensor done 2moro, not sure what to replace next??
dan-sport

30th Jun 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on your xe change the afm my was over fueling an missing something fierce changed that and was like a new engine
dean101287

30th Jun 10 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines pretty good on fuel. Infact it did 380 miles to 50 quid last week.
rbailey88

1st Jul 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan-sport
on your xe change the afm my was over fueling an missing something fierce changed that and was like a new engine

cheers mate, ill go for the afm next, had engine fully rebuilt before it went in so should drive spot on when it stops missing. thanks for info.

New Poll