corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Headunit fitting problems in an E46 BMW 3 series

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Headunit fitting problems in an E46 BMW 3 series
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jun 10 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to fit a Kenwood headunit into a BMW E46 3 Series Estate on a Y plate(2001).

Apart from lack of room to work in and space behind the headunit, which I can sort myself, there seems to be no permanent live coming from the red or yellow wires.
Both have been tested with a circuit tester and both light up when the ignition is on but when the ignitions is turned off neither light up, yellow should normally still light up as being the permanent live should it not?
Ive tried a different stereo and it does the same so ruled that out, the stereo works etc but loses memory every time the ignition is turned off.

Ive tried the basics such as trying another unit, switching red and yellow and still hasnt cured the problem.
Phoned up a mate who suggested it could possibly be a fuse, and that the interior light would probably not be working aswell if it was a fuse.
We had the doors open and the light wasnt working but if you turned it on by switch it would work, also noticed the lights in the footwells where not working.

So is this going to be a blown fuse? I would have thought if it was a fuse then I shouldn't be getting any power through the the yellow wire and the stereo shouldn't be turning on?

Any help appreciated as Im not that well knowledged on BMW's and need to fix this by first thing tomorrow morning.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread

New Poll