corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Shuck tow more off the Bucket List...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shuck tow more off the Bucket List...
SVT2888

User status: Offline
5th Jul 10 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...or how I took two more cars off my automotive bucket list.

Last weekend I received my very First Media Pass to attend the Dana Point Concours d'Elegance at the St. Regis on Monarch Beach. Not only was this my first time going to an event with a Media Pass, but it was also my first time attending a real Concours.

This was a noteworthy event as it is Alfa-Romeo's 100th anniversary, Pininfarina's 80th, and the 20th anniversary of the U.S. launch of the Ferrari F40. Each group was very well represented at the event which was held on a beautiful golf course overlooking the coast, (Note: My first time on a golf course too!)

I was at the event from 7:30am until 4pm which garnered me a very good sun burn even though it was overcast most of the day. It was well worth it because as previously mentioned I got the chance to remove two more cars from my automotive bucket list. The BMW M1 and the Auburn Boat Tail Speedster, both of which had been on my list for quite some time. In order to remove a car from the list I not only need to spot the car, I need to see it in motion. Therefore, museum cars need not apply.

I was like a kid at a candy store at this event, or more like a St. Bernard leaving my drool everywhere. From the collection of old race cars, to the Alfa's, the Bugatti, the Ferrari's, the Duzzy's, Packard's...I couldn't decide what to concentrate most on. My head was spinning, I was so overwhelmed. The owners of the cars where great too, I got into nice little conversations with many of them as they explained to me the history of the cars. It just goes to show you how car enthusiast are all the same no matter what walks of lives they come from. Maybe if we got every person in the world to become an enthusiast the world would be a peaceful place...

..or not! *see Ford vs. Chevy, Holden vs. Ford, Ferrari vs. Lamborghini, etc. *

I can't wait to some day make it to Pebble and to Meadow Brook.

So here you go as hard as it was for me to choose from the 820 photographs, here are the picks of the pics:

As always you can find the full collection over at CNCpics.com. All the pictures are available in wall paper size for FREE!

Thanks,

-Leo
R Lee

5th Jul 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy Mackerel!

Awesome cars
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the M1
stubs

5th Jul 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stunning car!! I would love to own something as special as this one day

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Shuck tow more off the Bucket List... 22 database queries in 0.1043911 seconds