corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How do you change a lock?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you change a lock?
Whittie

User status: Offline
28th Jul 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I replaced a wing and a door on a corsa b this morning, I've nailed the old door to get the former lock off.

How do I take the old lock off properly? As I don't want to scratch the newer door.

I've taken the door card off, looking at the rear of the door handle, i've taken one nut off, the other nut is behind the runner for the window, and no tool could get to it, so what could I do to get it off without bending the window runner?

Ideally I don't want to take the runner off, as i've replaced a window before and its the ultimate bitch!

Thanks for any help guys.
.Matt

28th Jul 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the two bolts at the bottom side by side and remove the runner the window if all the way up shouldnt budge, then just undone the two nuts that hold the backing plate for the handle on and replace with the one you want.

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by .Matt]
davieslim

29th Jul 10 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the bolt off the bottom of the runner and the runner will pull down, allowing you to get into the second bolt, once the 2 bolts are removed the backing plate will slide off, when your fitting the window runner back in if you look at it theres a metal clip and a hole that you line it up and then just push it into place then but your bolt back on

New Poll