corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » about what bhp will an x16xe have with these mods??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author about what bhp will an x16xe have with these mods??
stingray1987

User status: Offline
7th Aug 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im after a project to do now i have a better job so trying to decide betwen a polo, 106 or corsa so im after as much info on all of these to decide which one to get.

so roughly what bhp will a x16xe thats had :
-fully rebuilt head thats been ported and polished
- VXperformance powerbox
-raised limiter
-4-2-1 manifold
-de-restriced airbox with panel filter
- straight through centre with 2" supersprint backbox.

about what bhp will i be looking at??
will this give a slight raise in power or a major raise as i had a standard 1.6 bfore.
philip2

7th Aug 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

polo...wouldnt bother not the easiest to tune from what ive seen and my mates are vw fanatics.

106 gti's gio very well, handle well and also build a screaming 1600, but lower too much and the gearboxes shit themselves, rear bushes go in the beam(400 or so for a recon beam) and as you can guess been driven on the limiter everywhere...but then again you wouldnt buy one to pussy foot it.

corsa...small block, big block, v6 motors all easy enough to fit/tune.

just dpends whats your after. vaux is easier to do, i know pug boys pay silly money for go faster parts too compared to what you would pay.

if you can get the rev limiter raised, fit some arp rod bolts - cheap insurance so a rod doesnt come off...and a gte flywheel/clutch so the car will rev from fuck all with those mods i reckon a genuine 140bhp...but its the revs that you need as they really come alive then. but the flywheel will make a mega differance compared to the 'pot' type thats on them.
stingray1987

7th Aug 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kk cheers. the main prob i had with my corsa was the egr valve is these a way of taking it off without getting the eml light on all the time??? i took it off and blocked the hole and then re-located it under the battery tray and the light still kept cummming on.
philip2

7th Aug 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not 100% sure tbh matey. but someone will know. i think most lads just leave it in and plugged in?
Generation

7th Aug 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balnked my egr of and kept it plugged in :S no EM lights
stingray1987

7th Aug 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i did but it would still come after i gave it some abuse
shaunmods
Premium Member

7th Aug 10 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

130bhp ish + I'd say going by the results others have got with similar modifications

[Edited on 07-08-2010 by shaunmods]
sxiadam

7th Aug 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m8 has forged internals on standard head with standard cams with nova tech throttle bodies. omex 500 ecu and it revs to 8 and made 138 on rollers. here is some food for thought tho. went to castle combe today and a 1.4 16v corsa is makin 185bhp lol
Limecat
Banned

8th Aug 10 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxiadam
m8 has forged internals on standard head with standard cams with nova tech throttle bodies. omex 500 ecu and it revs to 8 and made 138 on rollers. here is some food for thought tho. went to castle combe today and a 1.4 16v corsa is makin 185bhp lol

Not spent his money wisely IMO.
philip2

8th Aug 10 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure what the novatech bodies are like compared to tapered bodies, but 138 seems abit low. sbd claim 155 or 164bhp on a stock engine with just the bodies on.

any pics of said 1.4 16v corsa?
sxiadam

8th Aug 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will sort pics

New Poll