corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » GT5 @ Tokyo Game Show *New ingame vids

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GT5 @ Tokyo Game Show *New ingame vids
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Sep 10 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for those living under a rock

•Laguna Seca has been completely rebuilt and will return for GT5. Trial Mountain has also been confirmed.

•“Gran Turismo Anywhere” will allow you to manage B-Spec races, right from your computer. You’ll be able to hold B-Spec races with your friends from anywhere in what are called “Remote Races”.

•GT5 will feature a series of special events such as the Karting Experience, the AMG driving school, The Stig Challenge, Jeff Gordon NASCAR School, Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge, and Gran Turismo Rally.

•Point-to-point rally stages will be automatically and randomly generated – you’ll have to depend on your co-driver to give you the best instructions about the road ahead.

•Rally mode can be played either on or offline.

•Weather changes include temperature differences, air pressure changes, and humidity, affecting the surface conditions of the track dynamically.

•Weather conditions are randomized. Forecasts for your race will be available but may not be entirely accurate, just like the real world.

•Polyphony Digital has helped Red Bull Racing’s Adrian Newey design the X1 Concept – an “ultimate” racing car, free of any technical regulations.

•Polyphony Digital has worked to improve engine sounds.

•Yamauchi admits that, in certain situations – such as standing race starts in the rain with 15 other cars on the screen kicking up spray in front of you – the game may not be able to hold 60FPS. Otherwise, it will strive to hold 60FPS as often as possible.

•The Volkswagen Kubelwagen, which has a drive system like the first beetle, and the amphibious Volkswagen Schwimmwagen will be in the game.

•Many things didn’t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

Weather Video (bad quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSXZLJmLimI&feature=player_embedded

[Edited on 16-09-2010 by chris_uk]

[Edited on 17-09-2010 by chris_uk]

[Edited on 17-09-2010 by chris_uk]
MoesTavern

16th Sep 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The random generated rally stages sound like a cracking idea.
JonnyJ

16th Sep 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really cannot wait for this. Looking forward to doing the Le Mans with day to night transitions and the fact there is going to be wet races now is awesome.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the weather effects look amazing!

how they will actually effect the driving is yet still unknown, alot of games that have done wet weather cant do the clip angles on the tyres correctly, and just feels like your driving on ice.
Paul_J

16th Sep 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good... when is the game released chris?
Tiesto

16th Sep 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got a 2nd hand G25 wheel, so can't wait to use it with this!
Paul_J

16th Sep 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiesto

Just got a 2nd hand G25 wheel, so can't wait to use it with this!

I've got that wheel, I just need a 2nd hand ps3.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3rd of november for us
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul your never on MSN .. i miss you
Paul_J

16th Sep 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

msn is screwed for me... never works.

ok 3rd of nov is miles away
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some more juicy info

At the Sony TGS 2010 press conference, Yamauchi gave a brief overview of some of the new online functionality in GT5 – including web-based account management known as “Gran Turismo Anywhere”. Here’s a quick overview of what he said, via 1UP’s live blog. I’ll provide more specific details when they’re available.

overview of Community Functionality: He says they haven’t talked much about these features before. But from the My Home section of the game, you’ll be able to access Messages, Logs, Mail, Profile, A personal lounge, photo album, course album, gifts and a friends list.

Messages can be 140 characters. Man Twitter has really taken off in Japan. It’s even influencing GT5.

You’ll be able to access the my home from the My Home section.
I mean you’ll be able to access the My Home section from the web.

There’s going to be a live timing monitor, something called PS3-B-Spec accesible from your browser.

Project “X1 Prototype”
He says that there are rules and regulations in all forms of racing. What would a car that didn’t have to worry about those rules look like?
Showing a movie of the X1. It looks kinda like a Batmobile.

So the X1 will be in GT5, and that’s it for the game.

chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new video showing day to night transition

http://gamersyde.com/news_tgs_gran_turismo_5_gameplay-9963_en.html
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if this game was decent i might consider buying a ps3 however the actual driving looks no better or involving then fm3
Nath

16th Sep 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean. Just looking at pictures and videos I've already decided it won't be better than Forza. I won't even wait to play it before making my mind up either. It's done.
Eck
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wet races in the last one (or one before) were literal just drift races can't wait for this though! So many cracking games out soon
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I know what you mean. Just looking at pictures and videos I've already decided it won't be better than Forza. I won't even wait to play it before making my mind up either. It's done.

glad we are able to sing from the same hymn sheet on this one
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
if this game was decent i might consider buying a ps3 however the actual driving looks no better or involving then fm3

steve, i like you know how a car should handle, and i have played both forza 3 with a wheel and the GT5 driving academy (updated physics to gt5 prologue) and i can tell you that forza 3 is not as realistic in its implamentation of physics.

what many people get mixed up with in games is the realistic elements and the way them elements are impamented.

F3 was decent enough, dont get me wrong, but the driving academy was better.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough need to have a stab with someones copy before i make up my mind
Nath

16th Sep 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

glad we are able to sing from the same hymn sheet on this one

Always Steve, always.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look i dont mean to be rude here, but if you keep this up im going to have to ask you to step to me
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can not make up your mind before trying it out.

i bought an xbox and the game, wheel, mic, the lot just to try forza 3, id played it at a mates on the pad but i wanted some serious time with it.

i felt that prologue was marginally better than forza3 but you can only feel the difference with a wheel (gt5 supports 900degree steering where f3 supports alot less.)
John

16th Sep 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve's good at this, turns out that Corsa VXR seats are really unsupportive.

Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i pose the same statement to you john
John

16th Sep 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't read anything before posting that.

I can't wait either though, always loved GT.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omg omg omg omg !!!

http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Video/GT5-is-coming--021242902665885?p=1242868228605&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

enzo in the rain!! :O:O:O

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll