corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 8v Vaux Lost power, cut out and wont start

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 8v Vaux Lost power, cut out and wont start
Mertin

User status: Offline
29th Dec 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 8v SPI astra

Car lost power yesterday, and just as I pulled into a layby it died and then wouldnt start again. Was working perfect up until it lost power then cut out
Iv had the inlet cover off and its getting plenty fuel, WD40 on leads etc incase of damp and had plugs out and dried them (dark brown) and back in and still nothing
How can I check its getting a spark? When id the plugs out, I connected no.1 to a lead and cranked it and was no spark. Should it spark by doing this?
About to go go scrappies for a distributor pack to see if that cures it, do these engines have crank sensors?
merlokquest

29th Dec 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replace dizzy cap and rotor arm mate if not replace coil aswell should sort it for u
merlokquest

29th Dec 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the gap between the terminals in the cap and the arm get to big u loose spark but usually it would run rough first so id say coil is susspect but do all 3 as a precaution
Mertin

29th Dec 10 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before i fitted the distributor I did crank shaft sensor, cleaned it and it runs fine now so problem solved
Adam-D

30th Dec 10 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is normally a cap. . dust plate in the dizzy. if it isnt there the dirt gets on the contacts

New Poll