corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa gearlinkage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa gearlinkage
bally2010
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Feb 11 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive tried to set up my gears and my corsa wont get reverse , its the old style gearbox f15cr ive put the the screwdriver in hole inside car , put drill bit in top of gearbox and undone 13 mill bolt , i heard something about having to twist the linkage is that right ?
john_redtop

25th Feb 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your doing it all right maybe a fooked gearlinkage common on corsas does it feel realy sloppy?
bally2010
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no gearbox is fine not sloppy .i was told when putting drill bit in gearbox that i need to twist linkage or something

[Edited on 25-02-2011 by bally2010]
john_redtop

25th Feb 11 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it will go in so far then if you twist the linkage on top of the box side to side a little and push the drill bit it will go in a bit further and then it will lock it so you carnt move it at all
bally2010
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats what i forgot to do , i only put it in so far and neva thought of wiggling it about thanks for advice pal
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Undo the bolt, then put the screwdriver in the hole inside, then twist the part of the linkage attached to the gearbox whilst pressing on the little button a the top of the pic below. Once it's lined up right the button will push in then let go of the linkage, then the button which should stay pressed in. Tighten the nut, take the screwdriver out then give the gearstick a bit of a wiggle an it should release the button on the box. Job done

Mike
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too slow it would seem
bally2010
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont have that clip in mine i have the old black bung type
Mike
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, never come across that type
john_redtop

25th Feb 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i rember rightly it will go slightly to your right (passenger side of car) when it goes in further let us now how you get on when you do it nate
bally2010
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do
bally2010
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also how do i put the car in neutral on the selector or how do i no its in neutral
Mike
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's in neutral you can twist it side to side, if it's in gear you can't. If you need to get it out of gear you just push it into the gearbox or pull it out depending on which gear it's in, it'll only go one way.
bally2010
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for help

New Poll