corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fuel guage/float

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fuel guage/float
JBH

User status: Offline
15th Mar 11 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys, i replaced my fuel float on my x reg 1.0 12v corsa b. when sitting stationary my needle is bang o the '2' of the 20litre, when i pull away it drops to the next line and when i go around a corner, up/down a hill the needle goes down more, when i stop and sit it settels again,

can anyone shed some light on this, thank you
XE Col
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 06:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this will happen when you pull away all the fuel goes to the back of the tank, round a corner left all the fuel to the right of the tank and visa versa down hill all fuel to the front of tank and visa versa for uphill, go downhill or break heavy, shows you have more fuel then

That was my view on all the corsa's i have owned anyway

[Edited on 16-03-2011 by Boissy07]
Piér

16th Mar 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use to brake hard when the red light came on to make it go off
Yeah but thats common with most corsa's, mine wasn't as bad as mentioned above but there are many cases the same nothing to worry about
Brett
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL, my corsas fuel level went up and down went you went round corners and stuff Only car that did that.

New Poll