corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Just after a bit of engine help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just after a bit of engine help!
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
21st Mar 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a GSi, but due to me not checking maybe as thoroughly as i should have, and the seller not being as honest as he should have, i ended up with a shell thats a rotter but wth a very strong x16xe with only 7k miles on it.

Now im looking to get another corsa, either 1.0 12v/1.2 8v, but am more interested in the colour as i want a carabic blue one.

Now what is the best corsa to go for, to ensure an easy conversion? I have started removing wiring loom etc from gsi, so should soon have engine out,

Now is powersteering an issue? can it be romved off the gsi and put on to the next corsa, or should i buy one that has powersteering in already, or should I just nob off powersteering altogether?

Also manifold, can i only put a manifold off of a x16xe on to an x16xe ( manifolds from other vauxhall engines dont fit do they)?

cheers

ryan
grubz172

21st Mar 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure you was trying to sell that shell last week as good solid condition .. its rotted quite fast then
Drift_Erm

21st Mar 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well what the problem with it was is engine mounts kept breaking gearbox side, then engine would fall onto driveshaft, and do the wheel bearing in, after this happened about 4 times and and was issued 6 points, i couldnt afford to keep fixing, never new why the mounts would never hold the engine, but no the shell is good condition, I think is was more to do with the threads on gearbox.

ALSO - can i use a 1.2/1.4 gearbox on my x16xe?

LeeM

21st Mar 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easiest shell to buy would be a 1.6
Drift_Erm

21st Mar 11 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ok. yeah i cant insure a sport or gsi at the moment so would have to be a smaller engined car, assume 1.4 then would be easiest? they are exactly the same bottom end n tht arent they?
Bissmire

21st Mar 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hold on, are you asking what shell to buy, or what is the smallest engine sized shell to buy, to then fit the 1.6 and not declare to insurance?
one-mr-t

21st Mar 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically just use ur gsi as a doner car swap everything over, power steering engine box loom dash loom exhaust brakes ect
Drift_Erm

21st Mar 11 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, i need a car to run around in, that is preferably cheap to insure as i have points. but i will be this summer putting the x16xe into which ever shell i have at the time.

So im trying to work out, what the best corsa is to get now, but that is going to save me alot of grief when it comes to doing a conversion, as i dont have the ideal facilities for a conversion, but could be done.
dragon2309

21st Mar 11 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your points arent going to have disappeared in 6months time though, so you still wont be able to insure it properly. loser
one-mr-t

22nd Mar 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many people on here drive conversion corsa's that haven't declared it? And how many corsa's do u see on this site for sale that have been converted and says up to new owner to change log book? So I'm guessing this guy isn't the only 1, he only wants help and then people go round running there mouths :/
Eddx14xe

22nd Mar 11 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by one-mr-t
How many people on here drive conversion corsa's that haven't declared it? And how many corsa's do u see on this site for sale that have been converted and says up to new owner to change log book? So I'm guessing this guy isn't the only 1, he only wants help and then people go round running there mouths :/

Because this guy by the sounds of it is doing it for insurance reasons.

Bissmire

22nd Mar 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Who is running their mouth?

Or by running their mouth did you mean asking a question?
one-mr-t

22nd Mar 11 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He asked for help, tbh its got nowt to do with any1 if he's doin it for insurance purposes or not
Eddx14xe

22nd Mar 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He asked for help, tbh its got nowt to do with any1 if he's doin it for insurance purposes or not

I bet if he crashed into you and you found out he wasnt insured you would be the first person to start crying about it
Bissmire

22nd Mar 11 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
quote:

I bet if he crashed into you and you found out he wasnt insured you would be the first person to start crying about it

but its gt nufink to do wiv him so he woodent efen care m8 runnin ur mouf
one-mr-t

22nd Mar 11 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

But I doubt I'm gunna see the guy for him to crash into me
Eddx14xe

22nd Mar 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And even if he doesnt crash into you, it still puts insurance premiums up
one-mr-t

22nd Mar 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And even if he doesnt crash into you, it still puts insurance premiums up

Yeah and this guy isn't the only one who will drive a corsa with a bigger engine and not tell insurance
Bissmire

22nd Mar 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But at least they are smart enough to not go broadcasting it to a fucking public forum.
Drift_Erm

22nd Mar 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i werent making it public u mug! you were the one doing that shouting it about, when did i ever say i werent going to declear it? i didnt... u done that twat
Bissmire

22nd Mar 11 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are you getting so defensive and now name calling? Show me where I said you are carrying out this conversion to avoid insurance? Oh, I havnt. Yes, I asked if you were, and then your boyfriend came screaming and crying. Do me a favour and shut the fuck up, you post constant shit, text type like a cunt, and generally act a complete twat. You always ask bullshit questions, and quite often get caught out lying, and judging by the big fuck off red writing under your name, you are an un-trustworthy scamming waste of space.
sl33p3r

22nd Mar 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jokes!!!boyfriend text type im in fucking stitches thanks
Drift_Erm

22nd Mar 11 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha who is this guy?! only thiings i have posted have been askin about my conversion, and things that have been for sale? and no i got tht becuase i apparently sold the same thing twice somehow...? your one of these typical people who just give it all on the computer but really ur just a sad mug, who sits on here trying to find things to bitch and moan about.. i didnt ask for your opinion on insurance, i asked about conversion, so unless your going to post any thing useful, you know what to do
Bern_2oo5

22nd Mar 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ash-ov-boro

27th Mar 11 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh most of the people on here drive cars with bigger engines than suppose to be in the car ..

If the insurance didn't rape people with ther redicules prices maybe less people would do it

New Poll