corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dbilas inlet fitment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dbilas inlet fitment
Kev S

User status: Offline
17th Apr 11 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wandering if it is much of a job to fit? Or pretty straight forward? Do I need a different throttle cable as the throttlebody will be in a different position? Any special tools required? I also have a powerboost valve is this worth fitting at the same time? I dont really want to get half way through the job and realise I need more parts. Thanks for the help
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you need to remove the lower inlet, it's a right pig of a job.

Use your throttle cable, might aswell use the regulator.
ryanlockie

17th Apr 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No need to remove the lower inlet.

You can use the same throttle body and cable and yes the powerboost valve would be good to fit at the same time.

If you want to blank the egr valve off then you need to remove it which is a bugger!

Otherwise it is the same fitment as any other powerbox.

If you need a picture of where all the pipes go just ask, I found it really hard to get a good diagram when I fitted mine; but now it's running perfectly at 900rpm idle.

Make sure you have throttle body gasket, upper inlet gasket and blanking plate for where the old throttle body used to be with a pipe coming off it.
Kev S

17th Apr 11 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye I have the gaskets ready. Is the powerboost valve hard to fit? Would the valve make much of a difference? What difference does blanking the egr make? How long would it take to fit the inlet roughly? Might have a go a night in the week after work. Thanks
ryanlockie

17th Apr 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never fitted a powerboost valve before sorry.

Blanking the egr don't get any gains really just stops the eml light coming on for it all the time.

It will take about 4 hours if your quite competent with tools, and know what goes where. Don't plan to drive the car perfectly the day after though, needs a good weekend

New Poll