corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Stripping and refitting dash

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stripping and refitting dash
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st May 11 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so i've fitted my new dash tonight, as i was finishing up i tested to see if the LED's were working, No lights in the dials and no lights in the heater panel, and also no readings from the needles. Is there anything easily missed that may cause this? i'm stumped tbh, so all you who've changed dashes etc, please share your tips and wisdom

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
AlexW

21st May 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the headlight plug pins are all in properly, mostly the grey/green.

But TBF, the heater LED's tend to be crap and only require a bit of movement and they stop working, Need playing around with to work.

And nothing on the dials work? The plug isnt securely fitted into the dash if nothing works.
Paul W
Premium Member

21st May 11 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as i know nothing on the dials work, no revs, no fuel, no speedo, no temp and no lights. It'll just be a heater panel off and dials out job then? I don't think i can take having to pull the dash out and refit it again

AlexW

21st May 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, It sounds like the plug hasnt clipped into the dash properly, As you pushed the dials in the plug probs popped out.

Sort that first, and make that all work and then do the heater panel if the dials work fully, I imagine it should be as easy as that.

Good luck
Paul W
Premium Member

21st May 11 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet, looks like im going no-where tonight then, i'll have to have a look tomorrow and see if i can sort it. Cheers dude

Ian
Site Administrator

21st May 11 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the plugs in the passenger footwell seated properly?
Paul W
Premium Member

21st May 11 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as i know Ian yeah, i didn't touch them so they should be as they were. I'll have to check that tomorrow too

Paul W
Premium Member

22nd May 11 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, got lights working on the dials, and heater panel lights sorted. Ran into a nother problem, when i put ignition on the hazards come on, even though the switch is in the off position. Then when i put the switch in the on position the hazards stop flashing but the lights on constantly on the dash. Proper screwing with my head this is.

Generation

22nd May 11 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Switch in wrong way round?
Paul W
Premium Member

22nd May 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, don't know what i've done but i seem to have sorted it All lights work, dials seem to work, hazards seem to work. Only thing now is the Radio won't turn on . Checked all fuses btw.

Paul W
Premium Member

22nd May 11 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is doing my head in now. Dials work. But no lights in the heater panel or dials, and some of my switches don't illuminate now. They were all working before i refitted everything. Also, no radio still.

Generation

22nd May 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodgy earth? Did you sort Hazard lights?

as them all flashing it one way the used to steal the novas, turning hazardt switch upside down, fucks shit up

[Edited on 22-05-2011 by Generation]
AlexW

22nd May 11 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dodgy earth for sure IMO, Can't remember where they are so I'm not much help
Paul W
Premium Member

22nd May 11 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really don't get it, they were all working when i had the heater panel out, put it all back together and then they don't. I'll have to have another clueless fiddle tomorrow

Paul W
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, as it stands, i have dials working, as in reading and displaying info (revs, speed etc.) Heater panel LED's work. MFD works. Headlight side, main switch thing led works. Heated seat switch and fog switch on/off light works but the illumination led doesn't. The headlight adjustment switch and pretty much all other switches don't illuminate. Dial lights don't illuminate but info lights on dials do work. Radio doesn't work. This definitely a dodgy earth? Dash out and refit again?

dragon2309

24th May 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All points towards earths IMO, you're never going to eb able to check them all with the dash in place though. As you said, dash out, start again.
Paul W
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, looks like i won't be doing anything again this weekend . Any ideas on specific places to check?

shaunmods
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there even any earth points on the dash loom itself? I can't remember connecting any when I took all mine out
Paul W
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i've pulled the dash out again and can't spot anything unusual here's some pics to show

I'm actually stumped. Anyone any ideas on anything to check because i need to get it sorted. Only thing i can think of doing is putting it all back in and hoping it works for some odd reason . Cheers people

New Poll