corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sharepoint 2010 User Profiles / Access 2010 Web DB

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sharepoint 2010 User Profiles / Access 2010 Web DB
Neo

User status: Offline
16th Sep 11 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone ever used sharepoint 2010 ? Up until about 2pm yesterday I hadn't so this is a massive learning curve.

I have an issue, currently have an access 2010 web database hosted on the SP server, our client has asked for their active directory users to be syncronized with a table within their access web database.

Since yesterday evening I've managed to get their AD to sync with SP, modify the way it imports the information and so far so good. Now i'm struggling to find any information on how to make sharepoint populate the active directory information to the access table (which has been converted to a Sharepoint List).

Obviously Access 2010 Web DB's cannot contain VB, They want the information to be populated from SP Profiles so the end users can change their own information rather than their admins changing/adding information.

Alternatively, is there anyway to query against the information in the user profiles in SP ?

The end aim is to be able to query multiple fields in the user profiles to then return only values applicable to that user by cross query'ing against a security table within the DB.
Neo

16th Sep 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spweb.allusers.aspx#Y121

However struggling to find a way to actually use it to perform the task they want.
Neo

16th Sep 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump
pow
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not get AD to sync the LDAP properties
Neo

16th Sep 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that all syncs fine to sp profiles. profiles are different to users though. user accounts are only made when the user visits the sp website. however you have to have a user account to assign permissions too so its a bit retarded, I.e I get all users to connect, it creates the user and then I assign permissions 1 by 1. however the permission information is already in AD and mapped to the linked profile on SP. right shitcunt tbh !

New Poll