corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » opinions on flocking

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author opinions on flocking
Phoenix Autosport

User status: Offline
21st Oct 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just set up a new branch of my business doing automotive flocking and have done several corsa bits just because i had them laying around from cars that have been stripped out for previous projects, anyone have any thoughts on what parts people are most likely to want flocked or the colors that people are most likely to want parts done in as im trying to put together a range of parts to offer for sale.

pics of some of the parts i have done so far,

A,B & C pillars

Dashboard trims

any constructive comments gratefully recieved
Ricky352

21st Oct 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you do the whole dashboard if someone left their car with you? Thats bound to be where most of the business is? Although I know nothing about this market.

Remember someone on here posted a pic on here ages ago of flocked alloy wheels lol
reecegsi

21st Oct 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the stuff you have flocked i want bits doing like dash(black) centre part and vents (red) any prices? I dont mind being a test dummy? Lol
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 11 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good, I would think top of the dash in black would be best as it's functional.

If you get prices for parts in stock and ready to go they can go in a Classifieds thread.
Phoenix Autosport

21st Oct 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky352
Can you do the whole dashboard if someone left their car with you? Thats bound to be where most of the business is? Although I know nothing about this market.

Remember someone on here posted a pic on here ages ago of flocked alloy wheels lol

the flocking process takes a couple of days due to waiting for the adhesive to cure fully and the cost time wise of removing and refitting a dash would probably be more than the cost of flocking would be but to keep costs down i could get a couple of dashboards from breakers so that i could have some ready done to allow people to remove their dash and bring it to us and buy one ready done on an exchange basis
Phoenix Autosport

21st Oct 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by reecegsi
All the stuff you have flocked i want bits doing like dash(black) centre part and vents (red) any prices? I dont mind being a test dummy? Lol

we have some done parts listed on ebay priced for individual items but if you are having a quantity of parts done then i would certainly do you a deal on them
would you want us to supply parts outright or would you like them done on an exchange basis you swaping your standard parts for the flocked ones, if you let me know i will put together a rough price for you
Phoenix Autosport

21st Oct 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Looks good, I would think top of the dash in black would be best as it's functional.

If you get prices for parts in stock and ready to go they can go in a Classifieds thread.

thanks for the reply, i agree dashboards may be the most functional item but i didnt know if they would be the sort of thing people would be prepared to remove and fit themselves, i know there is nothing that dificult to doing so but i could see it being a bit of a daunting job for most people, didnt want to do loads of parts only to list them and find people want something different but i would like to offer parts through the forum at a discount once we get a range together
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 11 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got many dashes

How many do you want to start with
reecegsi

21st Oct 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would swap my parts for yours as then it saves me having two of everything lol u2u me a price dash (black) centre bit (red) vents (red)??
Phoenix Autosport

21st Oct 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I've got many dashes

How many do you want to start with

i have a local source of parts for corsa b parts but corsa c bits are thin on the ground in breakers round my way so once i get up and running fully will be in touch to see if we can make a deal
Ricky352

21st Oct 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I has having it done I'd sort of rather leave the car with the company and forget about it until it was finished. Not everyone may be overly confident about removing certain items from their car.

Thats just my opinion though.
Phoenix Autosport

21st Oct 11 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by reecegsi
I would swap my parts for yours as then it saves me having two of everything lol u2u me a price dash (black) centre bit (red) vents (red)??

prices for exchange of parts for flocked ones would be as follows
dashboard and cylindrical trim above glovebox in black £70
centre console and clock cover above it and side vents in red £45

or for £150 i will do those above and also

instrument binace (around speedo etc) in red or black
steering column surround in black
pair of door handles and tweeter covers in black
fusebox cover in black
Phoenix Autosport

21st Oct 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky352
If I has having it done I'd sort of rather leave the car with the company and forget about it until it was finished. Not everyone may be overly confident about removing certain items from their car.

Thats just my opinion though.

i understand what you mean as it was one of my major concerns about doing dashboards but at the present time we dont have space in our workshop to keep customers cars inside and secure also if we were removing and re-fitting everything the time it takes would cost at least as much as the flocking of the parts and in the case of a dashboard significantly more, as a business we have to cover a lot of costs so a charging out rate of £35+ per hour is not unrealistic where as it can be done by an enthusiast and his friends on his driveway for the cost of a few cups of tea and a packet of rich tea's, but its feedback like this that was why i posted the thread, and it looks like its a service we may have to look into providing long term
Grufman

22nd Oct 11 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be happy enough removing a dash keeps the cost down for ourselves plus gives less hassle to yourselves! Win win I think!
Joe Carr

22nd Oct 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen these on eBay, If you sell them in black you'd probably get much more interest, aswell as doing the full dashes.
Haimsey
Premium Member

22nd Oct 11 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would you go about postage?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Oct 11 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would like a few parts like above just the easy bits realy

seems quite steep prices to me personally though

[Edited on 22-10-2011 by tom130691]
Phoenix Autosport

22nd Oct 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Carr
I've seen these on eBay, If you sell them in black you'd probably get much more interest, aswell as doing the full dashes.

i thought the same but was finding it hard to get good images of black parts because black flock is realy good at absorbing light, so i did some colored parts that i could get good images of to showcase our work, but black is certainly available for anyone that wants it, done some images as good as i can get for you below
these images were taken under 4x 500w flood lights that were literaly a metre away and it was still a struggle to get enough light reflected off them to get a half decent image, had to take photos quick as the parts were getting hot under the lighting no win situation

[Edited on 22-10-2011 by Phoenix Autosport]
Phoenix Autosport

22nd Oct 11 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
How would you go about postage?

we can ship smaller packages through the post office but larger items like dashboards would be posted out through parcelforce for the uk or TNT if international, price is entriely dependant on weight but a dashboard is likely to be about £20 for shipping and packaging, smaller items much less and we can combine carriage for multiple items
Phoenix Autosport

22nd Oct 11 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
i would like a few parts like above just the easy bits realy

seems quite steep prices to me personally though

[Edited on 22-10-2011 by tom130691]

totaly hear you and forum members having a number of parts done where they are sending their parts to be flocked will pay much less, but for an ebay item to comply with their rules we have to produce an item that can be purchased outright on its own and manage to be profitable.
to do that we have to source a part to flock which means the cost of going to a breakers and spending time removing parts as well as the cost of what we have to pay for them, we then have to cover the ebay/paypal fees and the carriage we charge on the item has to cover the costs of posting that one item on its own.
unfortunately all these extra costs mean you dont get the best deal, come direct to us with your own parts and we will certainly do you much better prices

[Edited on 22-10-2011 by Phoenix Autosport]
Generation

22nd Oct 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wm serioulsy thinking off.
dashboard (you supply I return mine)
heater suround gloevebox speedo (
Basically the whole dash, and every component on it. How much are we talking, and how much notice is needed.
Phoenix Autosport

22nd Oct 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I wm serioulsy thinking off.
dashboard (you supply I return mine)
heater suround gloevebox speedo (
Basically the whole dash, and every component on it. How much are we talking, and how much notice is needed.

for the following parts on an exchange basis,

dashboard
centre console
clock/tid cover
glovebox
cylindrical trim above glovebox
side vents
fuse box cover
instrument binacle
steering column surround

£140

we would need about a week to source parts and get them flocked ready for you, any shipping would need to be by parcelforce due to size and would cost £20 for uk mainland.

we can handle the exchange 3 ways

1) you are welcome to visit us with your parts and exchange them on the day.
2) you can send us your parts and we will despatch your flocked parts out as soon as they are recieved.
3) if you want to recieve new parts before sending yours back we would take a £50 deposit until your parts are returned to us, we do this because from past experience we have trouble getting return of parts without a deposit and we have to make sure we are not left out of pocket if someone decides not to return their parts.
Haimsey
Premium Member

22nd Oct 11 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to sound a dick, but for anyone who cares, in the drivers footwell there is a small panel held on by two screws (there isnt one on the passenger side). Dont forget that.

Or the shelf.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Generation

22nd Oct 11 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very good point, and I did forget. Cheres
Phoenix Autosport

22nd Oct 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok throw them 2 parts in and we will call it £150

<<  1    2  >>