corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Credit checking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Credit checking
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Nov 11 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not myself BTW

With the business we've a subscription to something through the bank where we can credit check companies, but in an attempt to cut down on credit card fraud I was wondering whether there is a service where you can do unrecorded checks on people for ID purposes - i.e. I don't want to send out £500 worth of computer equipment to someone at a different address, or someone that has illegally obtained a credit card and get a nice big chargeback and end up out of pocket!
John

15th Nov 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt it, solely because I wouldn't want or expect someone I was buying £500 of computer parts from knowing anything about my finances.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not so much for checking their creditworthyness in detail as such but just to check that their ID is legit and their general risk level (for example, if they've just got a new credit card and have already maxed it out).
John

15th Nov 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That wouldn't show me anything either.

What If I've just got a new cashback card and have maxed it out because I get more cashback for the first 3 months.

I'd be interested to know the answer but it's basically none of your business what credit card I've got or how much is on it.

If you were offering finance fair enough but not for someone who is basically paying in cash.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy option is only allow payment address to be the delivery address
Sam
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically John I want to stop/limit the amount of people that apply for a credit card in someone's name and will use it all up on fraudulent transactions (ID theft) - although VrsTurbo's suggestion of only delivering to payment address sounds good, that would limit genuine customers that say want their stuff delivered to work for example.

I don't want to know who you owe money to and how many cards you've got etc. I just want something to help me decide who's a bad risk (and likely to be the subject of a chargeback) or who's OK.

And it's not paying in cash though TBH because a credit card is still someone else's money (the card company's).
John

15th Nov 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get what you are trying to do Sam but I can't see it being available.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even ID checks via a search is done via a credit check and i would be majorly pissed off if i bought something from you on my credit card and your credit searched me.

Other option is get a full electoral roll register subscription and do a quick check that way.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldn't be a "proper" credit check as such - it's unrecorded and doesn't affect your ability to get credit.

A lot of companies online do this from what I'm aware, at least it says they can do according to their T&Cs.

Just not sure how they do it?
Rob_Quads

15th Nov 11 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who do you use for your banking?

I know SagePay provides this service as they have different levels of approval. Depending on how good it is dictates whether you or the Sagepay takes the risk if the transaction is dodgy
Sam
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barclays.

Looking into opening an account with their ePDQ service as I hate PayPal with a passion, might ask them if they offer such a facility next time I speak with them (don't think I remember reading anything about that on their website though).

New Poll