corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tax band on a converted engined corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tax band on a converted engined corsa
corsa-vxr

User status: Offline
30th Nov 11 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all just being reading various threads on converted cars about tax etc ..now most corsas with c20xes ive had have all been 1.6 sports so ave just insured it as a 2.0 and taxed as is which is the same now my query is..i'm getting my old 3.0 corsa back at the end of january and its still a 1.2 breeze or sumit like that lol i'll not be driving it for a few months once i get it jue to doing some work to it and sending logbook away to declare it etc ..now tax as 1.2 is clearly cheaper does the tax band go up to the higher rate for the 3.0 or does it still tax under the 1.2 etc as threads ive just bein reading are saying the tax stays the same as the original engine in the corsa ???... confused by this anyone shed any light ie someone conveerted from a 1.2 or 1.0 etc to a c20xe v6 and the like whats your tax.. cheers
Jed D

30th Nov 11 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll be paying 3.0l tax whatever it may be
corsa-vxr

30th Nov 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers any more info on this dont want the guy taxin it as a 1.2 when all need to go tax it again kinda pointless
Kieran
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you get the logbook back they will ask for either the sum off 6mths or a year for the 3.0 category. If it's already taxed they will ask for the extra amount of money to be made up.
corsa-vxr

30th Nov 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah thats not so bad then so ill just let him tax it and pay the difference do i sent the tax disc away ??or keep it bud hes going to tax for 6months so itll be 60 or 70odd quid
Kieran
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, keep the disc and they will send you a new one out.

New Poll