corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Seeing Red!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seeing Red!
SVT2888

User status: Offline
25th May 12 at 04:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The streets are filled with RED! The streets are filled with RED!

Oh it's just the Concorso Ferrari again.

The 4th Annual Concorso Ferrari was held on May 6, 2012, hosted by the Ferrari Club of America-Southwest Region (FCA-SW), is one of the best car annual events one can possibly attend all year. Held in Old Town Pasadena this event is open to the public and best of all it’s FREE. Very rarely does one get to attend a judge Concours event for free without having to be a part of the media, but this is one rare such event. Entry is open to all FCA-SW members, but space is limited to 150 cars and only pre-1999 Ferrari’s are open for judging.
Colorado Boulevard provides the perfect setting for car show featuring some of the best automobiles to ever come out of Modena, Italy. With it’s old town charm the Prancing Horses look right at home, you can just imagine some of these classic cruising down Colorado Blvd. in Old Town Pasadena when it was just Pasadena. Such classics as the Vignale bodied 1951 212 Inter, 250 TdF, 250 ‘Lusso’, 250 GTF, 250 prototype, Daytona’s, 275 GTB, 512 BBi and the list goes on and on and on. Even the modern day Ferrari’s where well represented by a pair of Enzo’s, several 599’s including a GTO, F430’s and 458 Italia’s. If you are a fan of the Prancing Horse this is definitely a can’t miss show.
But there weren’t only road going Ferrari’s present there was also a pair of retired Formula 1 cars in the form of Niki Lauda’s Ferrari and Michael Schumacher’s F2001. Yours truly was lucky enough to arrive early and get to hear Niki Lauda’s F1 car as it drove down Colorado Blvd. to its spot. You could literally hear the car coming from blocks away as its wonderful Ferrari power-plant made sounds which reverberated off the buildings walls and made the ground shake. I got very close to it in order to get some close ups before everyone surrounded it and what happened next can best be described as an eargasm. The gentleman behind the wheel was gracious enough to give it a few quick revs which brought instant smiles to everyone’s faces. My ears where but 2 feet from the exhaust when he did this and even though I lost my hearing for a little bit, it was well worth it. I was grinning from ear to ear as was the young child standing next to me also taking pictures with his camera. Tony Nobles the owner of the F2001 didn’t fire up his F1 car, but he was gracious enough to let dozens of small children sit in the car and hold the same steering wheel in their hands that Michael Schumacher held on his way to yet another F1 championship.
Concorso Ferrari is a great event for the whole family, so if you didn’t get to attend this year make sure you attend next year!

Here are some highlights from the event:

As always you may enjoy all the picks of the pics at CNCpics.com

Follow us on Facebook at: facebook.com/cncpics

Thanks,

-Leo
Whittie

25th May 12 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome!!!
Matt L

25th May 12 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ the horse/bull logo
nathy_87

25th May 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic photos.

Loving the black/red/chrome Ferrari.
Jed D

25th May 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
@ the horse/bull logo
SVT2888

25th May 12 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Video of Niki Lauda's F1 car
Jambo

25th May 12 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*faints*
Rob E

25th May 12 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like an amazing gathering. No 250 GTOs present though?
mattk

25th May 12 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent even seen a picture of a Laverda for years
SVT2888

25th May 12 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Havent even seen a picture of a Laverda for years

Can you give me some info on it?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Seeing Red! 22 database queries in 0.0216000 seconds