corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Buying a car. V5 not in sellers name?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying a car. V5 not in sellers name?
JordyCarter

User status: Offline
30th Jun 12 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at a new car. The owner says he bought the car recently but now wants to sell it, the v5 is in the previous owners name still but he has it present. Im not sure really whats gone on or whats been filled in surely he should of kept the new owners slip and the previous owner sent the v5 off?

Im not sure if the previous owners signature is at the bottom either, surely if it is which it should be it would of all been filled out?

Picture of V5 on add
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

30th Jun 12 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Story adds up, I had similar recently, some people prefer not to have the hassle of sending off the logbook so they just leave it up to the new owner.

My concern with that pic is that it's an old style logbook which I believe should have been replaced by now. Apparently loads of the old style got stolen so the DVLA sent out new style ones to everyone which I think would have a new V5 ref. number making the above void. I'm not 100% on that but I'd look into it before doing any deals.
JordyCarter

30th Jun 12 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the reply mike
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

30th Jun 12 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs
johnhara1

1st Jul 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet the trade slip has been filled in and sent off.

New Poll