corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to clean this up?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to clean this up?
jrdn7

User status: Offline
1st Oct 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about powerhosing it, but I wasn't sure. Anything in particular I could polish up other than the turbo cover to make it cleaner looking?

csifku

1st Oct 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got o any carwash, ask them to spray NOT MIXED TFR, everywhere around the engine. just be sure that the TFR dont go on the wings, u can sprai inside the bonnet too and the wipers plastic too. SPray once with TFR then wait 3-4 minutes, then spray again, wait a minute and then Jet wash it from near distance, make sure ur engine is ON !. Trust me u will be suprised how ur engine and around it will look after this !
jrdn7

1st Oct 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No car washes near me mate, closest one is 55 miles away. But cheers for the idea, I might try it at some point!
csifku

1st Oct 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in carwash since 2008 so i know what im talkin about, look mine how was when i took front bumper out, this down on the bottom is not rust, its just durt .. u can buy a normal window spray, take out the liquid in it and buy a TFR 5 litres in ebay its just 6-7 pounds and u can do it ... also if u have a good water hose, small size u can put ur finger in the end and this will put a bit pressure on the water so it will do the job, u can try, it wont cost u more than 8 pounds
Jamie-C

1st Oct 12 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just be careful pressure washing the engine bay. I done the Saxo the other day and it didn't run right for about a day after until it dried itself out. Couldn't even pull me up a hill
csifku

1st Oct 12 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Just be careful pressure washing the engine bay. I done the Saxo the other day and it didn't run right for about a day after until it dried itself out. Couldn't even pull me up a hill

thats why leave the engine running , plus he dont have pressure washer i had that only one time on my old ford probe lol, i need to use cable tides and toilet paper to take out the water of one of the plugs ...
jrdn7

1st Oct 12 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csifku
i work in carwash since 2008 so i know what im talkin about, look mine how was when i took front bumper out, this down on the bottom is not rust, its just durt .. u can buy a normal window spray, take out the liquid in it and buy a TFR 5 litres in ebay its just 6-7 pounds and u can do it ... also if u have a good water hose, small size u can put ur finger in the end and this will put a bit pressure on the water so it will do the job, u can try, it wont cost u more than 8 pounds

Is this the stuff your on about mate? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Truck-Wash-Pressure-Washer-Detergent-TFR-5-Litre-Simoniz-5L-GO-NEXTDAY-3-99-/120947604346?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item1c2909fb7a#ht_3566wt_952

So all I've to do is spray this stuff all over the engine then wash it off?
csifku

1st Oct 12 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
quote:
Originally posted by csifku

Is this the stuff your on about mate? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Truck-Wash-Pressure-Washer-Detergent-TFR-5-Litre-Simoniz-5L-GO-NEXTDAY-3-99-/120947604346?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item1c2909fb7a#ht_3566wt_952

So all I've to do is spray this stuff all over the engine then wash it off?

yep, it takes all oil and stains off, u can use it everywhere, thats the point
jrdn7

1st Oct 12 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knowing me I'd buy something that'd burn the paint or something! haha How far will 5L go of the stuff?
csifku

1st Oct 12 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Knowing me I'd buy something that'd burn the paint or something! haha How far will 5L go of the stuff?

the only thing that can actually BURN ur paint is Acid 32%, u cant make that mistake lol but u need concentrate !! with 5 lt u can clean whole car in and out and under and wheels and everything
jrdn7

1st Oct 12 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I use TFR straight out the bottle? Would it work under a power hose (Karcher so I've got all the wee fitments)?
csifku

1st Oct 12 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So I use TFR straight out the bottle? Would it work under a power hose (Karcher so I've got all the wee fitments)?

well the best thing is jet wash. any jet wash even 50 bars pressure washer just dont be scared to spray, remember when u spray from near try to dont move ur arms and close ur eyes, it aint anything dangerous, just gonna feel a bit itchy not for long anyway just wash it with clean water and thats all
jrdn7

1st Oct 12 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha Waterproofs will be needed then so! haha Can ya get it on body panels?
csifku

2nd Oct 12 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can put it under the arches yes, but on the body panels or outside of the car u need to mix it with water ! for example if u want good clean u need to mix 5 lt with at least 15 lt water !, Use not mix one for greasy places or very stain durt on .. such as engine, plastics, around the door and boot shuts, under the arches , side skirts and etc. ..

New Poll