corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2 litre Ecotec value?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2 litre Ecotec value?
jrdn7

User status: Offline
15th Oct 12 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would anybody be able to give me the rough value of a 2 litre ecotec engine? Comes with gearbox, ecu & wiring. 75k miles on it. I'm being offered one by a lad I know but not sure what I should pay for it, he's looking £550 & am I right in thinking that's a touch too much?
andy_mk3

15th Oct 12 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What planet is he on? £200 tops for a standard engine imo.
jrdn7

15th Oct 12 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's famous for overvaluing things, wanted £3k for a 1993 diesel Cavalier GSi rep in seriously shit condition!

Is there any sort of tuning ability in them? As in if I was to buy one I might stick it in a corsa.
andy_mk3

15th Oct 12 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they are tuneable, a bit more expensive to tune than an XE, and people slate the XEV a lot but they are good engines. With cams, throttle bodies, upped fuel pressure, head work, decent exhaust you should see 170-180bhp, which is about the limit of the standard management, if you then moved onto aftermarket management and had it properly mapped with the cams dialed in etc you'll be pushing 190bhp+.
davegreen
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 05:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£300 -£350 tops if the engine and box can be proven to be good and its a pre balancer shaft engine. you could get a whole cav for £400 -£500 taxed and tested! and yes its very tuneable at no more cost than a xe only you dont get the same peak power. great fit in a b to very easy swap. mines only 225bhp alot more is possible with more head work but it becomes more of a track engine then. seen one in a cav thats 286bhp, idles at 2500rpm revs to 10500rpm.
Nic Barnes

16th Oct 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates sierra is a turbo'd xev makes over 500bhp.
davegreen
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the x20xev is where the z20let/leh/leh came from. people who say an engine is not very tunable are usually people who dont know how to tune an engine.
jrdn7

16th Oct 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there much work to turn a X20XEV into a Z20LET? And what have you done to your own engine to get it to 225bhp?
davegreen
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 05:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would cost more to change a xev to a let than buying a let. most of what ive done is in my garage or check out august 2011 total vauxhall i think its was. had it featured. mines on throtle bodies, cams, head work, high comp pistons, crank, rods, full exhaust, stand alone ecu. lots of other bits. it wasnt cheep, but kind of ran away with me.

New Poll