corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B 1.4 1998 - Jerky Acceleration and getting hot in slow moving traffic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.4 1998 - Jerky Acceleration and getting hot in slow moving traffic
corsaBasroc

User status: Offline
18th Dec 12 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

First post of many hopefully, got a 1.4 corsa sport 16v has been running great however yesterday the car ran great on the motorway but as i pulled off onto the slip road in slow traffic the car began getting hot up to 105 the fan kicked in and brought the temp down but the temp would just go straight back up once the fan stopped? After this the car became jerky on acceleration and really unresponsive however it was low on fuel but even after a fill up of clean fuel the problem is still there. Checked for all signs of HG Failure apart from a compression test and a friends garage had a look yesterday and they are stumped as well! Please help!

Oh and it is occasionally throwing up a engine management light but no constant pattern

[Edited on 18-12-2012 by corsaBasroc]
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

18th Dec 12 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Egr valve for lumpy running as for heat maybe a blocked thermostat
corsaBasroc

18th Dec 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate,

Just been having a poke around the web seems the symtoms iam having could be EGR or injector related hopefully get this sorted soon its seriously annoying

Has anybody had these symptoms together before?

[Edited on 18-12-2012 by corsaBasroc]
corsadonk
Premium Member

18th Dec 12 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say head gasket.
Ricky352

19th Dec 12 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may want to try the paperclip test, details of how to do it and the fault codes for your engine can be found in here.

http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm
corsaBasroc

19th Dec 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checked for all signs of head gasket failure apart from a compression test, The car is now throwing a code and bringing the engine light on when its hesitating so hopefully we can now get to the bottom of it, As for the over heating i took the thermostat out last night and am waiting for my new one cause i figured its better running cold than hot for the time being. I have been and ordered; coolant temp sensor, thermostat and will give it a full flush when i fit them as these seem to be the main culprit for the overheating looking at the forums.

Tried the paperclip test cheers Got a mate who works for vaux so hopefully get it plugged in and diagnosed for cheap money

New Poll