corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe gearbox spacer and extended gear linkage?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe gearbox spacer and extended gear linkage?
Christopher

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 13 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting help fitting my xe with somone that has done a few and he seems to think i need a gearbox speacer and exteded gear linkage? Im sure people have done it without (daz and dan) can anyone shed a light or has pictures of theres fitted? Thanks!!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I did with mine mate was use a standard corsa b linkage and a small spacer on front mount to make clearance from alternator belt from side panel.

When fitting the corsa b linkage you'll find when selecting 2nd and 4th it will hit the bulk head so we just bent it a little until it didn't.

Hope this helps bud. If you go into my thread you'll see what we did with spacer.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Christopher

3rd Jan 13 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
All I did with mine mate was use a standard corsa b linkage and a small spacer on front mount to make clearance from alternator belt from side panel.

When fitting the corsa b linkage you'll find when selecting 2nd and 4th it will hit the bulk head so we just bent it a little until it didn't.

Hope this helps bud. If you go into my thread you'll see what we did with spacer.

so you bodged it ?

Link to that bit dan i havent got time to read through 222 pages

Thanks buddy
Jed D

3rd Jan 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my V6 (same as doing a XE) iv got 2 spacer plates (one on the inside one on the outside) with the alloy shim that goes through the middle (strength), 3 bolts...

and on the linkage i cut it off half way between the C shape bit on the end and extended it with a piece of metal, welded it back up together well

id show you pics in my thread but they've all gone

[Edited on 03-01-2013 by Jed D]
Christopher

3rd Jan 13 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok jed thanks! Think im just going to get a gearbox spacer and do it a similar way to yours jed!

[Edited on 03-01-2013 by Christopher]

[Edited on 03-01-2013 by Christopher]
Linch

3rd Jan 13 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best way, Iv always done them like this, The C on the linkage needs the same space welded in, then threaded bar and rose joints for the connecting rod above.
Mark.W

3rd Jan 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got a spare ally gearbox spacer if you need one Chris.

And as for extending the standard linkage speak to Beardy on here as he was going to do one for me for £20 but i managed to get a quick shift linkage for mine.

[Edited on 03-01-2013 by Mark.W]
Christopher

3rd Jan 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mark but i ordered one off ebay earlier Will be doing it the same way as linch and welding an extra 20mm in on the C
Mark.W

3rd Jan 13 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No bother Chris.

New Poll