corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa redtop head gasket???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa redtop head gasket???
Davejs

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 13 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi I removed head because it was on its way out made sure it was at top dead center many times and found the can pulleys wouldn't quiet line up, any way removed head and had it done now I'm putting it back to gether and was wondering if I should just put it back on or put it on and slightly move cams to line up to the top marks?? When I bought the car the owner did day they had done a Cambelt and was thinking if he fitted it wrong in the first place? Any ideas guys cheers
john_c20xe

23rd Apr 13 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fit it to the timing marks
Davejs

24th Apr 13 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok do I then put head on and then adjust the cams till they line up with a 24mm spanner? I think it will only be a tooth out on the inlet side? Does this mean that it was never set up properly when the cam belt was done before I got it because it did run lumpy?? And is there a belt tension tool available to buy?? Cheers
eckers90

24th Apr 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate, you have to time it so that its at tdc on the crank, then get these as close as, providing there not a tooth out, i dont think ive ever had one fit both those marks perfect. But all have ran fine, just make sure you get all the slack out the right side of the belt, youl get them so there less than half a tooth out.
I get it on the crank then advance the exhaust slightly get the belt on right side and retard the cam to take slack out the right side, then slip it on inlet same way, slightly advanced, then retard to tighten, then all your slack is on the left side, which is obviously when you use your tensioner to tighten.
Jed D

24th Apr 13 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also turn it a few times by hand to check
Davejs

24th Apr 13 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers lads, I did put it to tdc before removing head and done it 3 times to make sure then had my head work done and was about to put on and thought I'd check! It's a cool pack redtop and has a tensioner next to the water pump? So it's ok to move cams as you put the belt on? And is there a locking tool or a tensioner tool around to buy? Or it is easy? Cheers

New Poll