corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B overheating issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B overheating issue
WukaChop

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 13 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My poor car keeps overheating, regardless of whether I'm sitting in traffic or driving along an open road at any speed. My original idea to fix it worked in the winter, I just put the heater on and it cooled the engine down. However I can't do that forever and now it's actually warm, it's really becoming an issue, does anybody have any idea what this could be? I've shorted the fan sensor so the fan is constantly on too, and it still overheats. I'm just hoping it isn't a head gasket, although my car isn't losing any water and there's no performance loss so I don't think it is.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Apr 13 at 01:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is n ot the only sign of a head gasket failure. oil in the water/coolant is another
or mayo looking deposits on the oil cap

could be a dodgy thermostat
WukaChop

23rd Apr 13 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I forgot to mention those, there are mayo like deposits on the oil cap, but there's no water in the oil.
And yeah, I didn't think about the thermostat, I thought about getting the radiator flushed though because the rest of my engine is covered in shit so I can't see the radiator being any different...
WukaChop

23rd Apr 13 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked at it today, no mayo deposits since I've been giving it a proper run for the first time in 3 months. (It's been stood in my car park with no insurance for a few weeks apart from a little drive every now and then) still overheats, I noticed the engine idle speed sounded a little high, just a guess though because I've got no rev counter, could well be the thermostat

New Poll