corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » WordPress Themes...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WordPress Themes...
Rob B

User status: Offline
28th May 13 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello guys,

Does anyone know of any decent ones for a Motorsport Based company that I can give to my designer to start off with...

So far I have these in the shortlist:

http://demos.ithemes.com/covert/
http://demos.ithemes.com/astro/
http://jenks.ithemes.com/

Obviously take them with a pinch of salt, all the images etc will be company orientated these are more just a base to begin with.

Thanks.
Balling
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Themeforest.net is one of the bigger resources.

The three you've got are a bit second rate. Visually they're dated and you need to make sure the theme is responsive (i.e. automatically scalable depending on screen size and resolution), which the three you have found are not.

[Edited on 29-05-2013 by Balling]

noshua

28th May 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Themeforest has some amazing themes, please don't choose the the 1st or 3rd one, 2nd one is better but as Balling said, still looks dated.
ed

31st May 13 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Themeforest.net is one of the bigger resources.

The three you've got are a bit second rate. Visually they're dated and you need to make sure the theme is responsive (i.e. automatically scalable depending on screen size and resolution), which the three you have found are not.

I asked Steve and he said that responsive design was a waste of time. He knows everything see.
Dom

31st May 13 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless viewing on mobile devices is a requirement then a non-responsive design isn't much of an issue.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Jun 13 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Unless viewing on mobile devices is a requirement then a non-responsive design isn't much of an issue.
Disagree completely.

The variation today in screen size and screen realestate is affecting every type of website, no matter your target audience.
You have no way of knowing if viewing from a smartphone or tablet is a requirement for some of your users. Chancers are it is, though.

Responsive design is a natural result of web design meeting today's best practice standards.
Also, it's by no means something that comes at a cost. A responsive website template can be bought very, very cheaply. As cheaply as a non-responsive.

Simply put, there's no good reason not to build a responsive site.

New Poll