corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speedo under reading after engine conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speedo under reading after engine conversion
tintin

User status: Offline
4th Jun 13 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After completing an engine conversion at the weekend I have noted that my Speedo under reads by about 10%. I have left the original gearbox and speed sensor from the 1.0 in place but have fitted the x14xe clocks. Could this cause a problem?

Likewise, I'm sure I recall the original Speedo being sat dead on zero when not moving but the new clocks hang below, again could this have any relevance?
Richie

4th Jun 13 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never seen the needle hanging below 0... I would suggest faulty clocks.

All these photos show the needle being on 0

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/corsa-b-with-a-rev-counter-c241.html

The original clocks should work but the rev counter will probably read funny.

[Edited on 04-06-2013 by Richie]
tintin

4th Jun 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the only reason I changed the clocks was due tongue fact that the original didn't have a rev counter. What I will do is try some more clocks at some point and see how that fairs. Thanks for the reply
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is possible the needle has been twisted, is the error the same amount as speed goes up? ie always 5mph slow?
tintin

5th Jun 13 at 04:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its between five and ten miles an hour, as good as 10% accross the board as it were.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

5th Jun 13 at 04:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.0 12v conversion to c20xe had a similar problem with the clocks, i put my 1.4 sport and my tigra clocks in and both of them worked as they should. try another set of clocks?

New Poll