corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Slow 1.3 CDTI Corsa C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Slow 1.3 CDTI Corsa C
Andrew

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK so this week i picked up another Corsa C 1.3 CDTI as i've accepted a job doing 2000 miles per month.

Car is on a 56 plate and done 62k.

Problem i have with it is it won't get past 75MPH and when going up a hill top at 70 will slow to around 60MPH.

Car has been stood for around 12 months and was hoping it would sort itself out after a few runs. As i'm now using this for my current job i've easy done a few hundred miles in the thing.

According to the history, the EGR valve has already been replaced prior it being took off the road.

Advice requested
davegreen
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may have a speed limiter fitted? some corsa vans have them set by the dealer and ive seen 2 cars that have them also, both 1.3cdti. can be turned off with tech2.
Andrew

22nd Jun 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will an OP-COM turn off the limiter?

Not to bothered about being limited to just over 70 but will cause massive issues on runs to Mum's caravan in Wales dropping speed.
davegreen
Premium Member

23rd Jun 13 at 05:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably will? does the car rev out in lower gears? ie can you drive it at full rpm under 60mph? if not you have a problem with the engine somewhere.
Andrew

23rd Jun 13 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will rev up to around 4,000 RPM though the first 3 gears. It does seem like some sort of limiter.

Going to pick up an OP-COM off eBay later today.
Andrew

27th Jun 13 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mass Air Flow Unit was the problem

New Poll