corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Just bought a sport but need some assitance have a bad missfire injectors?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bought a sport but need some assitance have a bad missfire injectors?
Bmouth16v

User status: Offline
1st Aug 13 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just bought a 99 plate 1,6 sport one owner from new full service history a real nice car. However it has a missfire that i cant seem to sort.

So what i have done and whats happening:

No eml is on
It starts up runs on all four then suddenly splutters and misfires if revved up between 1500 - 3000 the misfire is worse but if driven in higher revs it clears. If in say fifth at 30 it will splutter again.

I have changed the plugs and the coilpack
Checked and disconnected the map sensor air temp sensor coolant temp sensor and nothing makes any difference.

I did however disconnect each injector plug one by one and 1, 3 and 4 dropped in revs quite substantialy and 2 made not much of a difference.

I did the paperclip test and it came up with various codes where id disconnected things but it also came up with code 0200 and 0443. Can anyone shed some light on those? I am thinking about getting some second hand injectors off a breaker tomorrow if anyone thinks the same?

Sorry for the essay but just best to explain it in full straight away so theres no confusion.
corsa-torque

1st Aug 13 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you changed the leads? I've had one break down inside, but looking at it you wouldn't know anything was wrong.

0200 isn't a fault code, if its 0202, then that would suggest injector 2 is failing. Try swapping 2nd and 4th injector then code read. If it gives you 0204 you know it's down to that injector.

I have a fuel rail complete with injectors if you can't find any at your breakers.
Generation

1st Aug 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds very much like an egr valve issue
Bmouth16v

1st Aug 13 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took each lead off one by one and held them against with rocker cover obviously with insulated pliers haha and each lead kicked out a good spark? I may have miscounted the amouth of flashes when i did the paperclip test. Thanks if i cant find one in a breakers ill certainly message you. And i though egr valves usual symptoms were harder to start lack of power etc? Didnt think theyd cause a misfire
Generation

1st Aug 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, causes misfire. Blanked two off, for this, both fixed
corsa-torque

1st Aug 13 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure I have an egr valve in my spares too if you didn't want to blank it.
Pete_gsi

2nd Aug 13 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is possible to be egr but i dont think thats the problem
Off what you said it no2 injector if it made no diffrence then thats the problem
Bmouth16v

2nd Aug 13 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok a quick update i took the plug off the egr and then fired her up and still the misfire is there and obviously a management light appeared. So im guessing thats leading towards the injector now?
corsa-torque

2nd Aug 13 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Egr not working properly may cause misfire, unplugging it will also stop it working so you might not have ruled it out. EML light will only display as you've unplugged the egr.

Have you tried swapping the injectors round?
Bmouth16v

3rd Aug 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so i was able to borrow an injector off a engine and its made no difference. I changed the inlet gasket while i was there just in case that was the issue. I dont get why if i pull a lead out and then reconnect it will fire on all 4 for a miniute before it begins to splutter again. I guess its time to get that egr out. can it be freed and cleaned?
Generation

3rd Aug 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its faulty all te time, by unplugging it, it's still faulty so it would be the same.

I'm not saying its 100% the issue here, but if it hasn't broken already it more than likely will soon. They're shit
Bmouth16v

3rd Aug 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made a plate up to blank the egr off fitted it fired it up and its still running like a bag of sh1t and its now chuffing guessing the gasket didnt seal grr starting to give up haha to many hours spent on this thing think im going to buy the blanking plate off ebay and go for a beer
Bmouth16v

3rd Aug 13 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could someone send me the link to the one they use/ recommend
Bmouth16v

3rd Aug 13 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so i kept the car at around 3k rpm and blue smokes appearing. which is oil so im guessing this missfire is more internal now :-( think it might be a breaker
mattievRS

3rd Aug 13 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the bottom pulley on the crank, it could have slipped which will enlarge the key way on it and cause the crank sensor to misread. The bottom pulley governs the fuelling and spark.
Bmouth16v

5th Aug 13 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shall look into this now and let you know of the outcome.
Bmouth16v

6th Aug 13 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taken the bottom pulley off and there doesnt seem to be any problems. Going to check the timing seens all thats left on is the timing covers. Just about going crazy over this!
mattievRS

6th Aug 13 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try a different crank sensor on it and see?
Bmouth16v

6th Aug 13 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had the cambelt off retimed her cleaned the oil of the crank sensor thats on it checked the bottom pulley aswel as the key nothings sheered or stripped ive changed a lazy injector put new plugs a coil pack inlet manifold gasket taken the egr valve off made a plate but as i said before the gaskets chuffing. would this make it run exactly the same ie with a missfire? Cleaned the icv tried a coolant temp sensor im running out of ideas and money haha
Generation

6th Aug 13 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a £3 gasket and blank it properly, certainly won't be helping either way
Bmouth16v

6th Aug 13 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres no leak from the blanking plate anymore sorted that but its still misfiring. I have done a compression test and all are close readings so i know theres internal issues. I have however got quite a strong smell of petrol from the exhaust as if its running rich. Took the new plugs out and they are sooted so im thinking it could be the lambda sensor playing up? Sorry to be a pain guys im just getting rather baffled
Bmouth16v

6th Aug 13 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No internal issues i mean*

New Poll