corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 98 Corsa B Front/Rear Suspension - Help & Advice Please!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 98 Corsa B Front/Rear Suspension - Help & Advice Please!
Paul1967

User status: Offline
30th Aug 13 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Recently purchased a 98 Corsa B 1.4 5dr & it is fitted with yellow shocks & red springs.

These are much too low & firm for my needs so I will be replacing with stock unit.

Question, can I use parts from another model ie 1.2 or even 3dr parts?

Lastly, is this a 'side of the road job' with suitable stands etc?

Many thanks in advance
gazza808

30th Aug 13 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes too all your questions.
Paul1967

31st Aug 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
Yes too all your questions.

Thank you, much appreciated
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Aug 13 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its all interchangible.

Only thing I would say about doing it at the side of the road is that you may have difficulty with the rear dampers if you have no access to air as you'll need to restrain the shaft before taking the top nuts off. There is a key in there for putting a spanner on but check they're still sound and that you have grip on it.

Fronts will be OK because you don't need to disassemble the strut to get them off the car. If your new units are already assembled then its just the three smaller nuts surrounding the top mount and the damper can stay in one piece.
Paul1967

7th Sep 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yeah its all interchangible.

Only thing I would say about doing it at the side of the road is that you may have difficulty with the rear dampers if you have no access to air as you'll need to restrain the shaft before taking the top nuts off. There is a key in there for putting a spanner on but check they're still sound and that you have grip on it.

Fronts will be OK because you don't need to disassemble the strut to get them off the car. If your new units are already assembled then its just the three smaller nuts surrounding the top mount and the damper can stay in one piece.

Thanks very much chaps, great help

Last question, is a Haynes manual needed for the rear suspension removal or is it pretty
straight forward?

Thanks again....

New Poll