corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Diy Tracking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diy Tracking
Rob_Corsa

User status: Offline
   7th Sep 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone else used Trackace? I'd been thinking of getting one for a while and after spending a while looking at reviews I bought one. Checked my Corsa and it was spot on n the photo below shows the mrs's motor after I'd adjusted it(yes I know its not bang on but its well withing the allowed tollerance for a 106)

You cant see the whole mirror assembly in the photo. You basically setup a laserline at exactly 90Degrees to one wheel then compare it to the other wheel resulting in a toe in/out reading on that gauge.
gazza808

7th Sep 13 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been eyeing them up, what do you reckon to them? Do you then adjust the car with out moving it all?

It's the having to reset it after every adjustment that puts me off
Rob_Corsa

7th Sep 13 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
I've been eyeing them up, what do you reckon to them? Do you then adjust the car with out moving it all?

It's the having to reset it after every adjustment that puts me off

I really like it, it seems very accurate. Very repeatable measurements.

Once you've taken a reading, you make the adjustments and then set the equipment back up again to see if you've got it right.

It was a bit of a fiddle to set up the first few times(mainly to get the laser reflected back to the right place) but after a bit of practise I can set it up in a couple of minutes so not really a problem having to do it a few times.

When I did the Girlfriends motor it was saying 13minutes toe in. The steering wheel is already straight so I adjusted both track rods by half a turn to reduce toe in on both wheels. On re measure I'd then got about the same but toe out. I then backed off the adjustment I made to a quarter turn each and it then measured almost bang on. They suggest putting masking tape around the track rod leaving a flap coming off vertically to enable you to see what adjustments have been made.

All in all I'm very happy with it, at £70 delivered off Ebay its already paid for itself as I've done 4 cars with it.
corsadonk
Premium Member

8th Sep 13 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't got a flat surface to do it on.
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Sep 13 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just use a string line?
Edges 58

16th Sep 13 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not use guess work.. Drive it and and take an educated guess u till its straight. Seems alright for my car
gazza808

17th Sep 13 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edges 58
Why not use guess work.. Drive it and and take an educated guess u till its straight. Seems alright for my car

It's not just about it being straight. Toe in and toe out etc make a car feel better etc

New Poll