corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brake upgrade

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake upgrade
fattaff

User status: Offline
13th Mar 14 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the calipers are binding on my corsa b,i have 280mm discs and calipers from an astra 4 kicking about in garage ,wil the calipers fit ??? and if so can I re drill the discs ?? is it simply a case of placing one disc on the other marking them up and re drilling to 4 stud ??? thanks in advance, chris fattaff
corsa-torque

13th Mar 14 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you mean astra MK4 that would be a no.

Use either the 2.0 mk3 astra brakes or the V6
fattaff

13th Mar 14 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn I say ! damn !
cheers mate ,thanks for info
wot diameter discs are astra 2.0 ?
corsa-torque

13th Mar 14 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

256 x 24mm discs, good enough to stop most corsa b's on the spot, every corsa I've own as had them and I can't fault them
TheDane

16th Mar 14 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I second the 256x24 setup, that really works VERY well. Straight bolt on job too.

Heard that if using 280/288 discs and calipers, you get a lot of pedal travel, and will need to change master cylinder too.

So stick to the the tried and tested 256x24 setup mate, much better in my opinion.

New Poll