corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Saving CSS edits in Chrome for future visits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Saving CSS edits in Chrome for future visits
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Aug 14 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I go on a site and change a CSS setting using Chrome's built in Inspector, is there a way I can make Chrome remember that setting for each time I revisit this specific domain?

I'm thinking it'd need to be an expansion, but I haven't had much luck finding anything, mainly as I have no clue what to search for.

Dom

5th Aug 14 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could use something like GreaseMonkey (Firefox) or TamperMonkey (Chrome) browser addon and use JS to change the CSS. This what i've done in the past to reformat a few news sites and Youtube.

I don't believe there's a built in option to Chrome or another browser though.

Edit - if you want to use GreaseMonkey/TamperMonkey then have a look at http://greasemonkey.win-start.de/patterns/add-css.html; it's fairly straight-forward to implement into a new Grease/Tamper script.

[Edited on 05-08-2014 by Dom]
ed

5th Aug 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The inspector isn't setup for doing that sort of thing. If you really really really want to override someone else's CSS then it's actually really simple to build an add-in for Chrome; you could use it to load a custom stylesheet on the site that's bugging you.
Balling
Premium Member

5th Aug 14 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys! Looked up Tampermonkey, but in a search for how to apply CSS through JS I found a few mentions of the plugin Stylish, which does exactly what I was looking for.

Dom

5th Aug 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
.... plugin Stylish...

Good find Balling
Balling
Premium Member

5th Aug 14 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has a slight delay between loading a page and loading the custom style sheet which might grow annoying in time, but other than that it seems to work well.

New Poll