corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car sprayer taking the p**s?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car sprayer taking the p**s?
Novamad

User status: Offline
   23rd Sep 03 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few years ago I had my old Nova SRi fully re-sprayed by a local car sprayer that I had heard was very good. They did an excellent job on my car and had it all done in a week. Since selling the Nova and buying my Corsa Sport, I've wanted a few jobs doing to it, like re-spraying the bonnet where a few nasty stone chips are starting to rust, and a set of post 97 bumpers spraying.

I had the car booked in for a few days a couple of months ago for this work, but they never got round to doing the car, so I brought it home un-touched. The bumpers have been up there ready to be sprayed for nearly 6 months and despite phone calls and calling in, they still aren't done, but promises of them being done next week etc

I know another place who have done some work for a mate of mine, and I'm thinking of going there, but they don't do quite as good a job, and they seem to charge more. What should I do?

Sorry for the rant / long post

[Edited on 23-09-2003 by Novamad]
the_legend_of_yrag

23rd Sep 03 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get on their backs more and more, say to them last week you said you will do it next week blah blah ring them two to three times a week.

If they still don't get their act together, make it know you are not happy with the service which you thought was good, and ask for an explanation.

If i was you id ask for a discount too! Do they remember you from before?
Novamad

23rd Sep 03 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the reply. The guy (Phil) now works on his own, he mostly does insurance jobs and always seems to be really busy.

He knows me quite well, I try to call in every now and then on my way home from work, ever since he sprayed my Nova. Since then he's done some work for my Dad, but all I get is excuses.
the_legend_of_yrag

23rd Sep 03 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he is on his own he must be busy then?? Just say to him look youve said this and that can you give me an honest time you can do it.

Because it sounds as though you have been along time without your bumpers, and quite a while without your actual car.

Just make sure he knows your unhappy mate.
sxi16vjoe

23rd Sep 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just take it all somewhere else m8
paul_spurrell

24th Sep 03 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he is doing insurance work, he will always be busy. Get it done somewhere else

New Poll