corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » icv, idling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author icv, idling
chrisarmes

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still tring 2 sort out my idling prob at the mo. its idling over at just under 2000 (c20xe engine)

ive tried a different maf sensor, and i took my icv off at the weekend and gave it a clean. one thing i did notice is... if you look down one of the sides of the icv, you can see its open by about 3mm, is this normal? and continued to clean anyway jus with some card cleaner and put bak on but no differance. ive looked all over the inlet and cant find any air leaks either.

the only other thing is, my speedo aint working at the mo as i havent got the sender on the gearbox yet. i didnt think this mattered, but i read another post on here and someone said that the ecu reads the signal off the speedo and adjusts the fuel/air to suit, is this correct, and could this be one of my probelms

cheers guys
chrisarmes

10th Oct 06 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas guys, please!

ive since put another icv on, and nothing, cant seem 2 find any vaccum leaks, and changed my maf! im out of options guys

the onli other thing i could think of was my wiring to the icv, but i just wondered if there was a way f testing if that multiplug that clips onto the icv is working or not, cheers, chris
DaNnY_LaD

10th Oct 06 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the very same problem as i my rpm is all over the place and my clocks dnt work just yet...Sounds like air leak as thats what make ur car idle proberly so beardy is sorting mine this weekend..
Ben ev

10th Oct 06 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just had a similar problem and found that the small butifly on the throtle body was ever so slightly open. take the top had off and have a look.
DaNnY_LaD

10th Oct 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were abouts is that ben?
chrisarmes

10th Oct 06 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did u do 2 resolve it ben??

which one is ment 2 be open so it idles? as one of them does have 2 be open a bit doesnt it?

yer i keep thinkin its an air leak, jus cant find the bugga if it is one!
Mike2k111

11th Oct 06 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I had same problem with mine, I used the Corsa throttle cable and thought it fitted ok but it pulls the throttle body slightly open and idles like crazy. Dont know what uve used but I had to cut back the black plastic to make it fit in the holder whilst idling properly..Either that or just get an Astra GTE one
chrisarmes

11th Oct 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think ive used an astra one!

but i dont think its that, because ive taken it completly off its holder before, n just lay it down so there was no tension in it at all, but nothing!

i even pushed back on the mechanism that opens the throttle up, to mafe sure its right back on the stops and it seems ok!

should there be a slight gap in either butterflys, there is in one of mine, cant remember wgich, but i thought that was so it idles??

i would like 2 test the multiplug that goes 2 the icv too, make sure thats ok, but does ne1 have ne ideas how i could do that!?

New Poll