corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Flat bottom end of the revs...??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flat bottom end of the revs...??
Kenzie

User status: Offline
   1st Jun 08 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been noticing lately that the bottom end in my rev range is really quite flat; up until about 3k-3.5k RPM.

The current setup i have is a mantzel replica inlet, pipercross viper, and a straight through powerflow exhaust with just the single rear silencer.

The diameter of the exhaust is 2".

Am i right in thinking that it could be the exhaust which is causing this i.e. very little back pressure??

alan-g-w

1st Jun 08 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kenzie
Ive been noticing lately that the bottom end in my rev range is really quite flat; up until about 3k-3.5k RPM.

The current setup i have is a mantzel replica inlet, pipercross viper, and a straight through powerflow exhaust with just the single rear silencer.

The diameter of the exhaust is 2".

Am i right in thinking that it could be the exhaust which is causing this i.e. very little back pressure??

What car and engine?

First thing I'd do is check plugs, ht leads, coil/dizzy pack and your afm.

Doubt it's to do with pressures, got about the same setup on mine (XE) with a centre section and 2.25'' pipe
Kenzie

1st Jun 08 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the x16xe.

I put new plugs on it last week (Bosch Super 4's).

The leads seem fine, as does the coil.

Not sure these engines have an afm though do they?
luke85

1st Jun 08 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The inlet manifolds do get rid of some low RPM torque, doubt its anything to do with the exhaust to be honest, back pressure is a bad thing anyway

New Poll