corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » In the trade, what kind of acid do they use to strip alloy paint?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In the trade, what kind of acid do they use to strip alloy paint?
Cheese Man Chris

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 08 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im refurbing my alloys, and trying to strip the paint of them.

Iv been using that nitromorse stuff. and its pretty crap.
Used some slightly better one (forgot the make). and iv done half an alloy out of 5 and its taken me.....well over 6 hours.

I want to make my own acid tank to leave my alloys in over night to strip the paint. Any ideas or advice is welcome. Cheers
ed

23rd Jun 08 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're either not using the Notromors properly or your wheels are powder coated.

Take them away to be stripped. As you are sking these questions you shouldn't be trying this yourself.
Cheese Man Chris

23rd Jun 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres nothing wrong with trying somthing yourself surley....

I think im having trouble as i belive the alloys have been bodge refurbed many times in the past. Just spraying over the old paint making the paint very thick. Nitromors just seems to weaken one layer at a time meaning i have to apply many times before i get through to metal.
Im just thinking of making my life easier and doing the extream.

New Poll