corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » powerbox help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author powerbox help
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
28th Jan 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hay peeps im having a few troubles getting things running right on my 14xe

basicaly i bought a powerbox of flame

fitted it with was a bit of a adventure to say the least not really knowing what to do as i havent had much experiance fixing my 14xe

basicaly i have been having troubles with it, bloody thing feels like it is holding back at 4k and will not keep a conatant idle at these rpm's hunts like a git and sounds like a slight missfire.

when i first fitted it i had the same type of missfire at 2.5k and it was solved ther by shortening the TP and Idle speed controll valve wiring as it was quite long and i think causing to greater a resistance and confusing the cars ecu

now i have sealed the powerbox bother sides of the upper inlet gasket and the throttle body gasket and i have played around with the vacume hosing, just bought some 3mm hose to see if its because its got a loose fitting hose thats causing this problem as i have got all the vacume related parts (fuel vent valve, FPR, brake servo, cam cover vent) al connected up together, now im ging to try playing wth this and see if i can modify the way its run to see if it helps but i dought it,

has anyone ever had this problem?

if so what is the solution as its pissing me off.

thanks

Rich
barneykarl

28th Jan 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure you got the wireing correct , did you do one at a time, any bad connections, any eml, I think you should double check the connections.
Richardhhha

29th Jan 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wiring is all ok the connections are ok also.. Run my 3mm vacume tubing and its really helped. Im getting rid of the car now tho going to be getting a vectra gsi

New Poll